| Well, I am sorry to the absence on the blog and in the emails. We have been . . . everywhere it seems like. As soon as school got out we headed to linconville Maine for a week with a stop in Boston. Very very nice. We are so in love with the area. If you all want to move there with us then we would be ready to go now. But family is too important to us and so we stay . . . and plan the next trip the the coast. We went this year with Felicia and Cary Dygert and their two twin boys. It gave Tenille someone to play with and/or hide from when needed. The house we got was AWESOME! Can you say granite counter tops and hard wood floors, and sky lights that open and close with the touch of a button. I took 296 pictures while out there and I don't think you want to see ALL of them so I posted some on the blog and I will give you a few here. Weather was awesome, they are not in a drought so everything was GREEN. We rode trains into and out of Boston, we rode on a sail boat in Camden, ME and traveled in the car 18 hours and 18 minutes to get there. Needless to say the kids had a great time. Tenille turned 4! Yes 4 on the 22nd of June. The time has gone so fast. She took cupcakes to school and had a family party at home. She is so loved and she knows it. :) She got a bike from us and a piano . . (what was I thinking?) She also got a "swiper" as she calls it and rides it daily. She has only crashed it once. She was afraid she would lose all her precious cargo in the back and was watching that instead of watching where she was going, which was straight into my flower beds and into a tree. ( I am pretty sure that is a run on sentence, and all you English teachers I know please forgive me.) This week there is no daycare (hey those ladies need time off too) so it is the mommy show everyday. So we have planned fun things to do. Today we visited Daddy at the fire station and then played in the Nibco water and ice park in Elkhart. It was free and it had cold water. Tenille was very excited. The water jets are all on a timer so she was sad when "her jet" wouldn't stay on. She kept going over to the button and pushing it again and again trying to get it to stay on. Other than that . . it is hot. I am trying desperately hard to help Tenille's tree survive. I just am not sure it is going to make it. I water it daily now to try and help it. Between Flo the deer eating it and the drought well, it looks more like a twig and less like a tree. I have lost one of apple trees up in the orchard. (I know I should go find it) We did a drive around the property yesterday to survey the damage from the storm (we were without power for 6 hours) everything looked good except my very dead tree. So sad. It was here long before we moved in, but . . .I am afraid it is not going to make it. Bees are doing good. The Lovelace hive that killed their queen has a new one so they aren't so pissy. That is the best word to describe them when they were without a queen. Just grouchy and mean! The Hypatia hive is doing nicely and I added a level on to their hive for them to store honey in now. Except that won't be happening anytime soon. We need rain so the plants can make pollen and nectar so my bees can make honey. Right now they are just walking around the hive trying to stay cool. I will end with the Tenille quote she told me as we were passing by a Amish buggy. Tenille "Mom, do you know they call those things buggies" Me " Yes I did" Tenille " They call them that because they bug us by taking up to much of the road!" Me "Ummmm, yes they do!" I am not sure that exactly is why they call them that . . .but it sure seems to fit. Have a great day . . .find a pool find water and air conditioning. Sit and stay somewhere cool. Tracy "God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one today to say 'thank you'?" William A. Ward check us out on the web: 13551 CR 12 Middlebury, IN 46540 t - 574.361.2334 j - 574.596.8144 |
No comments:
Post a Comment