Friday, November 2, 2012

wogoman weekly - volume 5 issue November :)


We are still here! I promise we are all fine!  This year of school has been . . well crazy for me and since I am the author of this little email . . .it has went to the wayside.  Sorry to all of you who live vicariously through us.  I will say that I have been updating the blog with new photos from time to time so if you want to see what is going on, feel free to check it out. :)
 
Tenille is getting bigger and smarter and  . . um more vocal everyday.  This past week it was from her bathroom with the magic words, "Ahhhh crap!  Hank ate the toilet paper again!"  I mean how am I supposed to keep a straight face and tell her that crap is not the best word to use?  We settled for ahhhh rats!
 
Next, she sees Hank barking at the deer down below and yells, "Hank, what the hell are you barking at?"  Oh yes, our daughter is pushing her limits. 
 
School has been for the most part insane this year.  It is like teaching for the first time all over again.  The laptops have been good some days and bad others.The students this year are pushing their limits way more than I have ever encountered.  Its a new challenge everyday.  Currently we are trying to get them to raise money for the food pantry.  The one in Middlebury here gives food to 500 families a month!  And our a good portion of our student body can't seem to relate to that need. 
 
Garden is done for the most part . . I miss the tomatoes and peppers in my breakfast omelet, but have already got the leaves on there for next year.  Still have potatoes to dig up.  And the bees . . .well they are still filled with drama.  I need them to be filled with honey right now so the can have food for the winter but that doesn't seem to be what they have done.  So they now both have queen and I am feeding them.  And we are all going to say a prayer that they make it through the winter. Oh my oh my . . . bees!
 
J went to Maine to shoot a bear.  Unfortunately he shot one . .. but it ran away.  So now we are on to deer here.
 
I celebrated my 35th birthday last month.  It was an awesome day.  I spent the day trying to do 35 acts of kindness.  With planning and running around got them all in.  My favorite was leaving a dollar and ten cents randomly in the kids section of the dollar store.  (I had to leave enough so they didn't have to worry about tax!)  I am pretty sure the lady in the dollar store thought I was nuts but hey that was part of the fun.
 
We have already have fires in the fireplace and are planning on enjoying this great weather today.  I mean almost 80 in October?  That is crazy. 
Tracy

No comments: