Tuesday, March 13, 2012

wogoman weekly - volume 4 issue 37

Have you been outside?  I mean really spent some time outside lately?  We are so happy about this weather . . well we can hardly stand it!
 
We have been using these days to get work done outside.  We spent 3 hours Sunday clearing more apple trees and picking up sticks, and of course, setting them on fire!  Hank played all day with us, off his leash and loved every minute.  He was so tired after helping Jason all day yesterday that he barely noticed when Tenille got home.  It could have been that or the new rawhide he got.
 
So we cleared out two more apple trees, bringing the grand total to . . . 9 that we have found.  Now if I can just get more than 5 rotten apples we will have a successful year.  It is all about perspective isn't it?  Bee should be coming out and making more babies soon.  That is what we need so I can get some moved to my house!  We got both our tractor and our mower fixed.  So we are ready for this grass to grow.  I have bulbs coming up (Hank thinking about eating them) and poppies that are starting to grow. :)  It is a good day to be a wogoman.  Last night when we all got home and were done working outside we just sat on the porch and watched Tenille run around.  That girl just doesn't slow down.  First lap around the porch and pool, everything was good, second lap, we are now missing shoes and socks, third lap . . look mom no pants, fourth lap, surprise.... no shirt.  We asked her where her clothes went and she showed us.  She said she just likes to be naked.  I guess we should just be glad that we live out in the country where only one neighbor can see our naked kid!
 
Saturday we had a play date with our friends the Dygerts.  Both Max and Ethan played with Tenille until they were wore out.  (Tenille did leave her clothes on around the boys, just so you know.)  We took them out to breakfast at the Essenhaus and then to Tommy's Castle in Goshen.  What a great day and we had so much fun.  Then that evening it was off to Jason's grandma's 90th birthday.  90!  What a number.  Tenille tried her first piece of gum in honor of grandma.  Grandma HATES gum so everything ate some.  Tenille put it in her mouth, ate it for awhile and then said, "Now what?"  Now what indeed!  No the idea is you just chew it.  Weird, I know.  We tried to show her how to make a bubble but that didn't work either so she just spit it out. :)
 
End of the quarter is tomorrow. So that leaves 10 more weeks of school.  Holy cow!   Where did this year go?
 
I found the source of our daughter's "whatever"  I was reading her a book the other night and there it was!  I stopped in the middle of the sentence and thought, great!  What have I been telling this kid!  So I skipped that line and moved on.
 
We all have the coughs at our house.  Mostly at night and there isn't much you can give a 3 year old.  Doctors say not to give cold medicine until they are older, I did find one of little kids but it is basically honey that you are trying to get them to drink.  Honey is supposed to help with the coughing but Tenille won't eat a spoonful yet.  See, honey is the answer to everything!  :)  Tea not sweet enough, put honey in,  out of sugar, put honey it, kid gotta cough, put honey in.  Aren't you glad I am getting bees?
 
Well, pretty sure I have talked your eyes off so . . . have a great week.  Enough the weather . . . and wear green! (St. Pat's day is coming up)  But more important:  Happy Pi day tomorrow everyone!
 
P.S. painted bird houses and sealing them tonight!
 
Tracy 

No comments: