There is nothing better than Christmas vacation. I love that you get to spend time with family and friends and you actually get to slow DOWN if you want too! What a novel idea! With this snow this week we have gotten to use the sled and the plow. It is awesome because we have hardly had to use a shovel here and my back is so THANKFUL! (As is Jason's) I should say mostly Jason's because last winter I was taking care of Tenille and the winter before that I was so tired from being pregnant that I just sat on the driveway while J worked. :) The big news here is two fold 1): we found Bart! While packing up our Christmas decorations I found him in a box of baby toys. So you will see how much she has grown compared to him! 2) my eye surgery went well. I can SEE! If you don't have glasses you have no idea how cool this surgery is. It was a little scary but so awesome. I can currently drive and read. My far far away vision is a little blurry but it is supposed to heal and get better. If not they can go back in there again and mess with them. It does look like I have big hickies on my eyes. So that will be fun explaining to my students. I need to come up with a great big story because they will eat that up and no one will remember I told them that I was having lasiks. I actually had a procedure that is called intralase {pretty sure that is NOT how you spell it}. My night vision is better than it was before with glasses. So cool. If you ever have thought about it let me know and I would love to talk with you about it. The way I talk about it, I kind feel like I had plastic surgery done or something. But I don't care. :) Not necessary . . .bam hum bug. If people say that, well then, they have never been blind! :) I woke up this week and thought, oh my I can see the fan! Last night I thought to myself, ugh I have had these contacts in for a long time, then I remembered no, no contacts! Ahhhh so cool. I can't say enough. :) As for everyone else in the house, we tired out some of the hills around our house and Tenille can really get going. She can even push herself down the hill. It was nice because then I could take a video of her. I got to skype with J this week for like 2 minutes before he got a call. So we got to try out our new computers for like 1 min because I could figure out how to turn my camera on. :) Tenille got to make her first snowman. She is not to sure about him. It could be the fact that his nose is made out of pool liner that I found on the ground. :) You just never know what you are going to find out here! So far the weird items are pool liner, hammer in the pasture, and vial of animal medicine. At least that is what I am telling myself it was. :) I am trying to gear back up for school next week. Not really happening though. I love spending all this free time with my family. I guess that is a joy of being a teacher. Jason and I both swear that Tenille has matured so much this last two weeks. Today she told me, "me ride" when I picked up the laundry basket. I didn't know she knew either of those words! I am sure that you if you have kids it isn't THAT amazing but it she feels like it to us! |
Saturday, January 2, 2010
wogoman weekly - volume 2 issue 27
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I totally get the excitement over the new words (see our latest blog for discussion of new words and of sledding..are we the same person?! hahaha!!)
So excited for you about the eye surgery- that is awesome! I had forgotten you were having it done and I thought it was unusual that you were wearing glasses when I saw you at dad's service. Now it all makes sense! :) Are you going to Elmo tomorrow?? Also..we have Skype too..we should get all three kids on one day to 'chat'..it'd be hysterical!!
Post a Comment