Monday, January 11, 2010

wogoman weekly - volume 2 issuse 28

I hope this issue finds you well, warm, and relaxed! My father says that everyone needs a good cat story. His involves a dog and a Siamese cat that met an unfortunate end in front of 3 little kids in their living room. If you would like to hear about it, I am sure he would love to tell you.

Our cat story involves a couple of days background knowledge. The first weekend of the year, Harry and Sasha had cornered something under our porch. It was nicely constructed with one open end and one closed end. . . nice! Both dogs sat in the snow and waited all weekend long. Sometimes they tried to dig through the wood but mostly they just sat there waiting. I was thinking to myself, why doesn't whatever is in there leave when the dogs come in for the night? But apparently, it wasn't that smart! On Monday I get home to find J and t in the kitchen and J looks a little unnerved. He came home from work with Tenille and let the dogs out. He made t a snack and got her a drink. Just then the dogs start barking like they have never barked before! Growling and barking so loudly that J went out to the sun porch to find them both smashed under the porch. He went out there to find the biggest nastiest cat at the opening of the porch. It was hissing and the dogs were barking and t was in the sun room pounding on the windows yelling, "Harry, Sasha!" The dogs would not budge and the cat was inflicting wounds on Sasha's nose when she got too close. So J did what any good upstanding man of the house would do . . he protected his fur children with his right to bear arms! In the politically correct world, let us say cat is no longer with us, the hot tub was not hit, and I will remind you that Sasha HATES cats and thinks they are chew toys. So by the time I got home all this had happened and if you asked Tenille if there was a big cat she said yes! :)

On the potty front, we have the morning potty down like clockwork. After that . . well it is a different story. I have to rearrange my morning so I have enough time for Tenille and all her dollies to pee. I didn't plan for that one morning and was almost late because 3 dolls had to "pee" before Tenille. J took her the other day and she instructed him that he needed to wipe. He thought that was pretty funny.

Tenille got another tooth and I am SO hoping the rest will come in because she is in pain. Poor thing. She stayed up last night and watched desperate housewives with us. Not what we wanted her to but she just wouldn't sleep. So she made us snacks out of her new kitchen and learned "off" and "on" with the light switches.

We had the truck crew over this weekend for our Christmas party. We had a lobster bake with lobsters and calms and clam chowder. We were so FULL! I swear Maine lobster tastes better than any other!

On the bird front I now have confirmed 3 different types of woodpeckers in our woods. (thanks for the book mom and dad) The one we saw this weekend was HUGE.
He must be the one that is eating our house. This fall J and I were talking outside and I started screaming "stop it" and jumping up and down. J thought I was nuts until he saw the big bird fly away. I think I will assign that job to the dogs this year.

For 2010 I have decided to sew! I got a machine and am resurrecting those 7th grades skills. I made Tenille a scarf last night. It looks ok for a first attempt at anything. It did take me 2 hours to watch the video on threading the machine, to fight with the bobbin, (there where things NOT shown in the video!) and cutting the fabric. I am next attempting mittens for the girl! Ahh to new years resolutions!

As for the pictures this week. There is one with Tenille and the lobster. She really didn't like him.

There is one with her and a swim suit bottom on her head. (What can I say, the girl likes hats) and the last one is from daycare tonight.

There is the new scraf I made her and the hat uncle mark got here. She put them on, grabbed elmo and was ready to go .. . don't worry about the coat! Until next week!

No comments: