Tuesday, February 8, 2011

wogoman weekly - volume 3 issue 33




Welcome to another week of snow here in the Midwest!


I would first like to define irony for you. Irony is being home from school because there is too much snow and it is about 12 degrees outside and going out to your insulated garage and finding one of your freezers has stopped working and now your meat, strawberries, and jam is thawing and running everywhere. That may friends is irony. Ugh!

On the sad side of news, Harry is really taking a turn for the worse. Saturday (of course it was a day J worked) Harry wouldn't come back inside. I finally went out there and found him freezing and shaking in a new hole that he had dug. I think he was looking for somewhere to die. I carried him back inside and J took him to the vet yesterday. The vet said, you know he is a 98 model and have him some medicine for his hips. Today Harry greeted me at the door when I came home. That was a very nice change. So maybe the medicine will help him. I think if he can make it through the next couple of weeks of cold, then he will make it all summer. Poor guy, we have had him almost as along as we have been married. Tenille asked if Harry was sick and we replied yes. We are trying to prepare the girl that he won't always be here but not sure how much a 2 year old understands.


As mentioned above, I have decided that if something is going to break, die, blow up, leak, or flood, it will happen when J is gone. The freezer . . . J was gone . . the dog . . J was gone. . . the frozen possum to our porch . . J was gone. I say this not to make J sad that he was gone but to prove that I am very capable of handing it myself. God is always testing me. Getting a flat tire? Fix the leaking value stem with a shoe and wait for your husband to come home. Oh yes I did. Before Tenille was born I fixed my flat tire by wedging a shoe between my rim of my tire. When J got home he had a full tire that cold be drive down to Jerry's standard and fix. So proud, so proud.

So what is awesome about today . . oh just another two hour delay for tomorrow. I love knowing ahead of time. So sweet.

Tenille used her awesome eye sight to find 6 deer behind our house today. The deer and the turkeys are all feeding a ton because there is nothing to eat. I was so proud of her, I would have missed them. There was 6 does and one button buck.

I made the mistake of telling Tenille that we will be visiting her uncle mark soon. She spent tonight sobbing every time I said no we are not going tonight. We put a sticker on the calendar to mark the date. Hopefully that will help.

Tonight Tenille brushed her teeth while holding a hot pad. The tooth brush is hot mommy, she said. Oh that girl!

I absolutely love the picture of Tenille in the glass of the fireplace. There she was watching cars ( a nice break for shrek ), coloring in her book, rocking in her car. So cool.

The other picture is from her eating snow ice cream. What you didn't make snow ice cream when we had all that snow? What is wrong with you people!?! Anyways, Tenille may have gotten a little carried away with the sprinkles but it was good just the same. yummo! It is basically snow, sugar, milk, and vanilla. Plus sprinkles of course.

Have a great week and enjoy your 2 hour delay! :)






No comments: