Good Thursday afternoon all!
What can I saw, the biggest news around here is our pool. You would be hard pressed not to call it one now. We have steps, we have a ladder, we have a liner, and best of all . . .we have WATER! Now it is not full yet, but I am working on that. 2 garden hoses running 12 plus hours a day tends to fill it up. Tenille asks everyday if we can go swimming. She is so excited. We are trying to train her on the rules of the pool. Rule 1: you can't get in without mommy or daddy. Rule 2: you must wear your floatie at all times. Would you like to know her rule that she added? Rule 3: wear a swim suit. So there you have it. The rules for our pool by Tenille Wogoman.
Before
After
I hope you can all enjoy the "before" and "after" pictures. The before picture was taken at the end of July 2009 when we first looked at the house. The after picture was taken 20 minutes ago. Ahhh progress. We are slowly but surely bringing this house back to its "parade of home" state. We have heard that our house was a parade home way back when. Not sure if the parade of homes was around then but it is a noble idea. As for the inside, I've got some painting to do with the new trim that went in with the windows but my o my the outside is coming along. Don't you think?
Our spring break has been spent working around here. And a quick trip to pokagon with my family. I made two raised beds yesterday and I think I about killed myself. Even the muscles in my hands hurt. Boot camp, smoot camp! Trying running wheel barrows up hill to your garden when they are fulled with all sorts of stuff. The math teacher in me just can't help tell you the problems I have been working on here. First. . . how long will it take the pool to fill? That is a volume and rate question if I have ever heard one. Come on, everyone loves a good story problem. Second one, if you have 2 cows living in your barn and you don't clean out the stall, and you wait 2 years to remove the "leftovers on the floor" at what rate are those "leftovers" shrinking if you still have a good 6 to 8 inches in there? At least the stuff is dry and it will really help my garden beds, but o that is gross.
Tenille slept one whole night this week. I am so excited. That doesn't mean she didn't wake us up. It just means I didn't get out of bed. Mostly her dreams this week have been about kids at school. "Abbie pushed me down." "Wyland needs to go first." But there was also the "I want to play in the water!" She screams these things and you have to decide is she awake or still asleep. Most of the time her screaming will wake her up. She says she doesn't like to sleep. Too bad I do. :)
Got my first deals at garage sales today. 3 tops for Tenille, 2 pairs of pants, and 4 pairs of underware. total price $3.00 :) You might think that buying used underware is gross, but when you are Menards, looking at rain barrels and playground sets and your daughter doesn't make it to the bathroom in time. You just throw those things away and get more. I'm all for saving the environment, but no need to save those bad boys. J was the lucky one who got to deal with that. Ugh. But afterwards we couldn't get her off the swing set there. We are hoping to find a nice set for her for her 3rd birthday but there are so many choices. She of course wants the one with the curly slide. I keep thinking as long as you don't rip part of your hand off like my sister did on the slide, we are good to go and don't care about the shape. Next time you see Cari, ask to see her hand. I just remember the slide torn off the whole side but that it didn't bleed. Just lots of fatty issue. There Cari, I have told the world your story! :)
Hmmm think that is it. J is totally enjoying working at Eagle more. He gets to do different stuff everyday and that makes him so happy. You will all have to come admire the shed that he built all by himself. It is awesome. It houses the pump for the pool and will give us room for all the pool toys I am sure we will soon have. Well enjoy the last of your spring break. Hope you are doing well. :)
Tracy
"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt." ~ Margaret Atwood

No comments:
Post a Comment