We have been using the pool almost every night. Tenille is getting so brave. She knows she has to have her floatie on and sun screen.... that means to her even when it is 7 pm at night. :) Hey a rule is a rule right? She is getting so brave and jumping in from the steps. Last night it was 85 degrees. It was awesome. Getting out was cold but we managed. :)
Tenille is trying hard to improve her vocabulary. Right now the word definitely is being used all the time. She also uses "last year" to talk about anything that happened in the past . . yesterday.... last week.... two hours ago . . .all of them are "last year". So cute.
I am just itching to get to work outside again . . .all day. Well that is except for the 10 am visit with my neighbors. Everyday they get the mail and paper, eat cookies and drink coffee. Even when it is 100 degrees outside. I stop by and visit them often in the summer. Their kids (all grown with kids of their own) live far away. So Tenille and I stop by to make sure they are doing fine. Last year I am pretty sure they planted pickles just for Tenille. She would eat those things raw like they were candy. Pretty good trick huh? raw veggies = candy nice!
Tenille got to see her cousins this weekend. We had lunch with baby Kate, and dinner with Alec, brie and heather. Luke was on quarantine because he was sick. :( Tenille a great time. She even water's Heather's plants. I think approximately 10 gallons went to each plant.
We also went to first Fridays in Goshen. It was a great time. We were super disappointed however to find out Woodruff's downtown does not sell kids shoes anymore. :( Off to the Internet I guess I go.
One more day of school!
On a Tenille note, I tell Tenille every night that I believe in her. Last night the conversation went like this:
me:remember I believe in you
t: believe that I can do what
me: anything you want, fix any problem
t:with a hammer?
me:sure if it needs one
t:and go like this (hitting her stomach) bang bang bang.
me.: um yep
t:good night
me:good night
t:hey mommy
me;yes (I'm ready for a good life altering questions here)
t:what do frogs eat?
me: oh, flies hunny
t:bad flies
me:yep
t:OK
That girl's brain must go a million miles a minute! I think she asked about "bad flies" because she checked traps with my dad yesterday and they got a "bad" woodchuck. funny huh? Have a great week!



No comments:
Post a Comment