| This time of year is one for us where we are trying to finish up outside projects but also want to enjoy the inside of our house too. It leads to a mixed bag of activities and when you throw in the fact that Jason and I both work outside the home it also leads to hurry get it down. That leads to doing lots of this at the same time. Wash the clothes from working outside with the clothes in the hamper. What could go wrong with that? I mean how else do I explain standing in front of my class all dressed up and going ouch! there is something getting me, only to discover that buried inside my dress shirt in a burr. You know the ones that magically attach themselves to EVERYTHING this time of year. The dogs, the clothes, and Tenille's hair. But now they are migrating even in the house. Clothes are not safe anymore! Jason really likes them when the end up in his underwear. :) We picked pumpkins this year. We went up on US 12 since our other spot in Elkhart was closed. Tenille got to feed goats and play in a corn box and best of all mine for gems. To a rock loving girl I am not sure there is anything better than that. She came home with a pumpkin but the real prize were the rocks. She has been carrying them around and putting them in other containers. They are all sorts of colors and she is so happy with them. She wants to sleep with them but I told her no. So guess what she wanted to sleep with instead? Her pumpkin that she painted at school. She wants to sleep with it so she can watch it grow. :) This morning I woke her up when I turned her fan off. She sat up in bed and said, "Don't turn my fan off I haven't slept yet!" She actually had slept through the night. Good kid! Hank made it until 4 am. :) Ok, this next story I just can't pass up telling you all but putting it in print will leave proof that she said it, and maybe that is not such a good idea for my future teenage daughter but here we go . . . Tenille comes running up to me, "I have to pee and poooooooppp mommy!" So we run to the bathroom. Tenille does it all herself we just have to go for moral support now. Anyways, she gets done and flushes and watches in all go down the toilet. Then she looks at me and says "Look mom. Why did that leave a mark? hmmmm looks like a shooting star! Yep, I made a shooting star" My only comment was Yep it does look like a shooting star and I laughed. I am sure that is the first time poop and shooting stars have been compared let alone in the same sentence. We are all done great and Hank is really starting to figure stuff out. We are working more on Tenille about being gentle with Hank than Hank really. Christmas bazaars start this weekend! Do you have your list yet? Got anything bought? Less than 2 months. :) Tracy "The difference in who you are and who you want to be is what you do." check us out on the web: 13551 CR 12 Middlebury, IN 46540 t - 574.361.2334 j - 574.596.8144 |
No comments:
Post a Comment