Monday, April 30, 2012

wogoman weekly - volume 4 issue 44

Last night we said our prayers and were getting ready to turn out the light when Tenille grabbed me and said:
Mommy I missed you when you were at school (that is what we told her when I was in Kansas City)
I want you to know Mommy I pray for you every time I lay down in my cot.
My hear just melted.  (ahhhhh my little girl prays for me?  It that doesn't melt your heart there is something wrong with you.)
The pictures this week come from me but my sister as well.  She took the one of my grandpa with Tenille out by the model T.  My Uncle Bill is working very hard to restore this old truck.  It used to belong to my great grandfather and he used it to haul groceries from his store to his customers.  It has become much the family project.
I love the photo but the fact that Tenille is with her great grandfather next to her great great grandfathers truck.  Well how often does that happen?  Pretty cool I think!
We got our new furniture Saturday.  Yep, the Amish lazy boy dealer delivers on Saturday.  End tables are not done yet but at least we have the new furniture.  I have already lost my chair to Tenille.  Not a deal deal since I then get the whole couch.  Our old couch is waiting to be picked up so we have lots of furniture right now.  It reminds me over a game we used to play that we called lava.  You know . . . jump from piece to and don't touch the floor.  That is what our living looks like.  It would totally still be fun at 34 but I don't want to teach Tenille that game with new leather seats to jump on.  :)
Our pool is officially open.  Tenille ran and tried on all her suits and came out of the sun porch with that outfit on.  Nice huh?  She wanted to go swimming but we told her no it was too cold.  That girl loves that pool.
Saturday a friend of ours play at the Electric Brew in Goshen.  We went out to eat and then took Tenille there.  She got her own cocoa and a brownie and listen to the music.  We walked out of there at 9 pm and she jumped up in the air and said "That was AWESOME!"  It is so cool to see the joy that she takes in little things.  I hope she never loses that.
These last little stories are fun things that she has said recently that really made me smile:
We got new tires for my car this week.  Tenille asked me " Mommy did the tires get to small for your car?"  Well sorta was my reply.  Pretty cute huh?
Tenille had a little bit of a runny nose this weekend and she told me, "Mommy I think I am catching up with a cold."  I agreed.
The other day at school someone called her a princess, and Tenille replied no I'm not, I'm human.
And lastly, she told my mom that she dyed Easter eggs at school.  She said some thing like, "We dyed them but we didn't make them die."  Dye . . died . . how is one to figure all this out.
There was one more last night, it was quarter and corduory.  She wanted both those things to start with q.  Well why don't they?  I have no idea nd I thought no wonder people are not learning the English language.  This stuff is hard!
Well I think that is it . . . Have a great day!
Tracy
 

No comments: