Thursday, May 10, 2012

wogoman weekly - volume 4 issue 45

Well as you can tell, the bees are here!  They packed up their suitcases and away they came.  Jason volunteered to put them up for me since he was down in that part of the woods giving a test for firefighter one and two.  On the way home he calls me and says,"  I am not sure what superpower you have, but I want it!  You have just convinced me to put two hives of bees in the back seat of my truck and they are making a whole bunch of noise!"  Poor guy, had to drive 45 minutes with thousands of bees in cardboard boxes. :)
 
My Uncle came out of and helped me put them in the hives.  I'm the one that looks like a super little lady in a big guy suit with the white hat. :)  We saw the queen in both hives and even though my uncle kept saying 'We aren't going to mess around with them, just going to put them in there, we were able to see all sorts of cool things.  We were the thing to watch that night so some of our neighbors even came over and watched.  Nothing big happens in Middlebury.  :)  I went to Harding's and literally almost bought them out of sugar.  Right now the bees are eating mostly sugar water until the can get going.  2 cups sugar, 1 cup water.  I bought 50 pounds of sugar.  At the rate they are eating it, that won't last the month.  Look more math!  Every time I learn more about bees there is math involved. 
 
So therefore, I have decided to name the queens Hypatia and Lovelace.  Both female mathematicians in history.  Both productive and awesome ladies.  Both came to a horrible ends. Hypatia of Alexandria was one of the first women in mathematics and the Christians didn't like her so they attached her to her chariot and drug her through the streets naked, then brought her to a temple and killed her.  Ada Lovelace was the world's first computer programmer back in the early 1800's.  She got uterine cancer (at age 36) and so the doctors did a little blood letting.  They let too much out.  The end.  I know I am a nerd!
 
Now who can say that this isn't informative huh?
 
I do have to giggle because some friends of ours came over right after we were all done.  Felicia laughed at me and said I looked "hot" in my outfit.  I was wearing, boggs(my favorite work boots), capris(which J hates), and old goshen fire department shirt, my hair up in a ponytail and covered with a hanker chief.  These are my normal working outside clothes.  No one told me to dress up to go get dirty! :)  Guess Felicia has only ever seen me out in public.  These clothes are what I wear all the time outside at home.  hmmmmm maybe I can start a new trend. :)
 
Got our new dinner triangle sanded, painted and mostly installed.  Had trouble with the top screw.  I stripped it out so I have to repaint another one and try again.  I put it at Tenille height so she could ring it to her hearts content.  And she does.  At least the neighbors will know when it is time to eat. :)
 
Baby Katie (my sister's daughter) turned one this week.  Tenille made sure to help with all parts of the party.  It was a nice time.  We got to see family and watch Katie eat cake.  Always a joy.
 
So that is about it.  Nope wait . . last night on our nightly rounds we found a new egg in a blue bird nest!  So we have one robin sitting on a nest (too high to see the eggs) one bluebird with one egg, one chickadee on three eggs, two empty nests for right now, two hives of bees, and a dog.  That about sums in up, now we just need a partridge in a pear tree. :)
 
 
Tracy

"God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. 

Have you used one today to say'thank you'?"

 William A. Ward 

 check us out on the web:
 
13551 CR 12
Middlebury, IN 46540
t - 574.361.2334
j - 574.596.8144   

No comments: