Monday, April 13, 2009

Wogoman Weekly - Week 42


Well week 42 showed me what it would be like to be a stay at home mom. :) The staying up later and sleeping in later is awesome. Being at home with Tenille for 48 hours by myself . . . I think I could go crazy. :) I now have little kid songs running through my head instead of songs on the radio. Does that mean I am officially a mom?

I have learned to do things (cleaned all the windows in the house, and the screens) while watching Tenille. Jason has harnessed Tenille's love of the laundry to help us out. When the laundry is in the basket, Tenille will pick up a piece of laundry and hand it to you. Then we fold it and ask for another piece. Tenille picks out the laundry a little faster than we can fold so she throws those pieces on the floor and picks up another. When we finish with the basket, we put all the laundry that was on the floor back into the basket. Then she helps us fold those. She has a great time and talks the WHOLE time. I say thank you and she babbles at me. She seems to like house work. : ) That is good since I pick up her videos about 10 times a day! :) She just LOVES to pulls those suckers off the shelf. I know I should move them, but hey what would I complain about then?

Tenille has learned to "walk" with the help of a walker. I laugh because you learn to walk with a walker and someday she will probably need one again. Just like diapers. :) She motors pretty well around the house but get frustrated because she can't turn it and when she hits something we have to come and rescue her. The dogs have to move even faster now.

On Thursday Tenille finally discovered what dog food tastes like. She didn't seem to mind it. :) Thank goodness she only got one piece and didn't break it apart with her two teeth. The dogs didn't really seem to mind that she stole their food. Maybe because she shares her snacks with them, they don't mind sharing with her.

We had our first house showing on Saturday. The people loved the house but wanted to lot to be bigger. :( Jason and I are both ready to get on with the next step, if that is buying a house or building one. We have lived on the corner long enough and have been talking about selling this house for a long time.

We tried cut up pears this week she did not like them. I think they were cold and squishy so she didn't like them. :) We are giving her bits of our dinners. She like the green peppers and tortilla shells from our fajitas but did NOT like eggs I gave her for breakfast one day.
Well I left my camera at my Aunt's house for Easter so no pictures this week. They will have to come in another email. Check out the blog though(if you have DSL) . . . lots of videos!
Tracy

1 comment:

Jason and Rachel said...

Keep trying with the eggs..she might come around. I've learned that it isn't so much that the boys don't LIKE things...they're just SKEPTICAL! ;) Quinn was gung ho about blueberries for the longest time, now he picks them up and examines them like I've served him perfectly round pieces of poop or something disgusting and refuses to eat them. Who knows?! Sometimes even w/i the same meal he goes from skeptical to liking things. This week's big hit is mango! :)