Sunday, August 2, 2009

Wogoman Weekly - Volume 2 - Issue 6

I have to start this week with this story. I am so amazed at Tenille and how fast she learns, but it amazes me even more when she teaches me something. The other day we were outside playing on her kangaroo climber and the neighbor girl came outside. She is 5 and getting ready for kindergarten. I thought . . . awww don't come over here . . I don't want to have to watch 2 kids ( i know not very nice) she waited around and then started walking away. That is when Tenille saw her. Now this girl and Tenille have played before in the climber and had a wonderful time. Tenille started waving and saying hi and then she looked so sad because the girl didn't see her and left. Tenille didn't think uh . . another kid . . she was so excited and then disappointed when the neighbor girl didn't come play. We should all be more like Tenille. We need to open up to people that are just lonely and want to play. We need to find joy in the little things in life, like playing with friends. When the neighbor girl turned around again I waved and she came right over to play. It wasn't extra work and Tenille had fun and so did the girl. There a small lesson about making friends from a one year old.

This week has been filled with so much! We continued swim lessons this week. I know Tenille had fun but I am glad that they are over! That pool is COLD! I think Tenille became a lot more comfortable in the water and that is what we were looking for!

Our big news of the week is that we think we sold our house! We are waiting on the financing for the person buying our house. If that goes through we are going to be buying a house on CR 12. It is awesome. Tenille has become attached to the cat out there. The landscaping needs lots of work but it's on almost 8 acres! So please keep us in your thoughts and prayers while we wait for news from the bank!

The picture of Tenille with the paint is from painting my mom's butterfly house. I love the look on her face, it screams, "what red paint? I don't know how that happened!"

Tenille on the slide at the zoo.

Parker and Tenille playing! I love the look on his face! It says "cheese!"

Tenille had a great play date day on Tuesday. We went to the zoo and had fun with Parker and Quinn. She passed out in the car on the way home. I guess it was just too much for her. Then we fondued with our friends and played with their two baby girls. Tenille had so much fun she didn't want to sleep that night. So we were up from 10:30 to 12:00am. If you turned out the lights and put her down she screamed. Turn on the lights and she would play and have a great time. ugh! We are officially off the bottle. It was so hard. Not on Tenille but on me. She would cry and I would want to comfort her with a bottle. Tenille seems to be fine with it and is getting better everyday with her sippy cup. Where did my baby go?

Jason's dad had his birthday party on Saturday. It was fun to see all the family. As we get ready to cut the cake, with lots of other children around, Tenille makes a bee-line for the cake and puts her hand in the frosting. Yep, she thought it was AWESOME! Ugh! You have to watch her every minute! :)

In the what is she doing new category: she is sucking her fingers clean when they have food on them. Kinda cute!

No comments: