Sunday, August 30, 2009

Wogoman Weekly - Volume 2 week 10

(Check out those new kicks I got her! Grandpa dressed her and did her hair!)

I hope this finds you all well! We have had a very LONG week here. 5 days of school kicked both Tenille's and I's butts.

On the new and improved front:
Tenille has at least 2 teeth coming in we can feel and more that we know are close.
We have also worked some more on our new house and I found Cora bells and day lilies. (Guess they can grow even if no one loves them). They should be laying tile on Wednesday and carpet right after!

Worst part of the week:

Our sick little girl!

Tenille developed a cough Saturday morning. Jason was working. Then her little fever (we thought due to teeth) got higher and higher. After calling Doctor Angie (twice), the doctor on call(once), Jason (so many times I lost count), I thought I had it under control (cold bath and drugs) and put her to bed at 8pm. At midnight she woke up and had a croup cough. This was like bad flash backs to when she couldn't breath when she was super little. I sat outside with her for an hour, hoping the Motrin would take the fever back down. No such luck. So J and I took her the ER at 1:30am. They took xrays and gave her steroids and antibiotics. They tested her for H1N1 and that was negative, thank goodness! Her throat is all tight, which is causing her cough and raspiness. Tenille was so brave and cried a little. She didn't like the xrays so much or the thing they taped to her toe to see her oxygen level.

I got to leave at 4 am to go fill her meds. J got to go back to work (he took 4 hours of emergency leave to come be with us!). So off I went to get the drugs. That should go fine right? Nope. CVS updates it's computers on Sunday morning, so off to wallgreens it was. So boooooo to CVS! I crawled back into bed at 5am and then got up at 6an to give her the next dose of everything. Today she seems better and not so stinking hot! We are hoping this will break the fever, if not we have to see our family doctor tomorrow. Poor pumpkin just looks miserable! And to top the cake, when I got her home, she needed to be changed. So I tried to wrestle with her. She ended up standing up and I thought ok fine. The next thing I know, my foot is warm, then my leg, finally I realize (I'm in the dark) that she is peeing all over me. How awesome is that! So I cleaned her up, put her to bed, and then cleaned myself up. ahhhhhhh! How do people have one than one of these things? They don't come with owners manuals and are ornery! But oh so stinking cute!

The positive side of this:
We got to see all the teeth that are coming in soon on her right side because of the xray! And I learn I can function at 3 am if needed!

I went to the resale on Saturday and got lots of good stuff. Then I stopped by a garage sale and got the deal of the lifetime! This lady had 18 and 24 month clothes for 25 cents each. I loaded up! Some were a little stained and I got most of them out. For 25 cents, she can get it really really messy and I don't care! :)

I hope next week's letter is a little less eventful. :)

The pictures I sent this week show Tenille with her tree. I planted the tree right before Tenille was born. I put it in a pot knowing that we would be moving someday soon. Currently it is as tall as she is! :) It will be one of the first things I plant when we are "offically" moved in. P.s. this outfit cost me 25cents for the top and $2 for the pants. I think Tenille is trying to step on the shadow!



No comments: