Well unfortunately we started out our week with another bad situation. A fireman from the Middlebury Fire Department had a heart attack and died. The honor guard was at his funeral and viewing. They did the whole works for him. The bag pipes and his last alarm where all done with the style of a fallen firefighter. It was a very nice tribute to a man who gave much of his life to the Middlebury community. Steph's husband's memorial was Friday night. It was very nice to hear his brother talk about him and see some of Michael's work. He was very talented in computer graphics. So our hearts are sad from three weeks of bad news. So please, please everyone take care of yourself and know that we love you VERY much! Not sure how we had time this week, but we did get to deal with two animals. Let me paint the picture, 3 am, Tenille is actually sleeping, and Sasha wanted inside. I go to the door to let her in and I smell it. Or should I say her. Yep, our genius daughter found a skunk to fight with. The stream of profanities that rolled out of Jason's mouth are still somewhere up in space I am sure. I went to get our skunk out kit: baking soda, check, liquid dish soap, check, hydrogen proxide, hummmmmm let's look on the list, oh yes, it says make sure you have that on hand because this could happen at any time. oh no! It is right and now I looking for hydrogen proxide at 3 am. No luck. Sasha just got washed with the hose outside with LOTS of soap. She howled so loudly that the neighbor dogs started howling. J comes in (smelling like skunk) and we tried to go to bed. We left the dogs in the garage. I asked J if harry got sprayed, he said no. We wake up and get ready for school. When I open the door to the garage all I smell is skunk. I loaded Tenille up and am backing out of the garage when I see J left his windows down. Ugh skunk in his truck. Then I go to close the garage door I see, Ugh I left open MY sunroof. Yep, J and I had smelling vehicles all day. I left my sunroof open a little but J didn't realize what happened and let in bake in there. We did get them all smelling better. We left the dogs outside because yes harry got sprayed too. I went after school and got 3 HUGE containers of hydrogen proxide. One for each dog and one for extra. J washed the dogs and then tells me the fun news. The dogs had been outside all day because they stunk and they had been rolling around on the dead skunk they had killed. AWESOME! So the still smell a little so watch out when you come over! The other animal story happened this morning, I opened the door to let the dogs out and was attacked by a bat! Yep a bat. Hopefully they are not back in the attic but we will check that out tonight. I closed the door quickly so it didn't get inside! Tenille did have a great Easter. She did the hunt at Middlebury Fire Department and she got more eggs this time. Now she thinks all eggs have candy in them. She had a great time at daycare this week but she did fall off their train. She scrapped up her leg a little bit. If she has a boo boo, she now says, Abbie bite. She tries to tell me Abbie did it. :) Smart girl huh? Last little bit to brag (isn't that a mom's job?) I asked Tenille how many bows she wanted in her hair this week and she said one, two and held up two fingers. Then later in the week she counted to 6 with pencils. I love this little smart girl! I hope your Easter was blessed and that you take a moment to love those around you. |
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
wogoman weekly - volume 2 issue 40
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment