Monday, April 26, 2010

wogoman weekly - volume 2 issue 43


So a beautiful weekend ends(I know it rained but my garden needed it) and another work week starts.  What is that you say? oh that's right, only 30 more days of school!  So that would be 15 days with each class and I'm giving 2 more tests and a final so only 12 more days of teaching each class. Wow!  Where did the year go?  Do I sound as bad as the kids?

As for dead animals, no turkeys have died yet.  The season started last week and J has seen tons of them but is holding out for the big one.  The dogs thought something must die, so they killed a mole and boy did that thing stink!  Of course J was gone so I threw it into the woods with a stick.  If you would like to see it, there is picture on the blog.  Tenille and I have been saying hi to the dead deer head when we go to the gardens.  But something ran away with that yesterday so now we are down to a jaw bone.  I mean really, what runs away with a dead skull?  T was kinda sad.  So this once again proves we are teaching are daughter all about the real world.  Why buy toys when you have skulls to play with?  (No we never touched it, not even with a stick.)
It is AMAZING to watch her right now.  One, she is eating like a horse and we think growing like a weed.  In the last month she has grown an inch.  That seems like a lot to me!  But two, she finds joy in everything.  That is something we should all learn from her.  Tonight I put her in the big bath tub and turned on the jets.  She absolutely LOVED the big bubbles it made.  She looked at me and sad, "so happy".  I mean who really doesn't love bubble?  And why would you be happy in a tub four times the size of you?  So we had a good night and the bath was necessary because she had sweet potato, a sticker, and some other food item in her pony tail by the time she made it to the bath room.

She woke up this morning asking for candy.  I said we didn't have any and did she know where it was.  She said, yep, paw paw's house.  My parents have a candy dish and tenille loves to sneak candy out of it.  My parents are doing a good at trainer her though, she is always told, "only one" and she takes only one.  But don't let her catch you taking more than one.  Then you are in for it!

Tenille is playing outside tons, which means she is eaten alive by those stupid noseeum bugs.  The other night she was up ALL night because she was bitten so many times.  Her little head was all swollen.  I didn't have anything to make it stop itching so I tried orajel.  It didn't really work.  But I tried, and that should count for something.
I also had to convince her that she didn't need to climb in the dryer to help me with the clothes.  She thought that the dryer was the best place to be.  Good thing is that she can't get up in there.  Now, let's see, who also has tired to climb our dryer? hmmmmm not me, so I guess I will let you all figure it out.  This person is always checking things out to see how they work. hmmmmm . .. Needless to say he got stuck and didn't think it was funny.  I of course had the video tape running and was laughing. I guess in hindsight that probably didn't help.   Maybe I should send it in to funniest videos.  ;)
(vintage toy I used, patent is 1969, man can fisher price make toys!)
Well I think that about sums up our week.  All is well.  J went to the FDIC (Fire convention) this week and had a great time.  J is helping pick out the new fire truck for Elkhart and that is taking a lot of his time.  That should be done this week.  I'm trying to figure out Tenille's birthday party (it's only 2 months away) and work on my college course.  Ms. Tenille is just learning new skills everyday and having fun.  They let her pick a page to color and bring it home this week.  What did our daughter pick?  A big frowning face that said NOT SAFE.  What does that mean?  I mean, come on kid, everybody else had animals and numbers and one other kid had the happy face with SAFE written on it.  I think we better start watching her.  :)

No comments: