Wednesday, April 14, 2010

wogoman weekly - volume 2 issue 41

Good Evening / Morning to you all.

I hope you enjoyed your spring break, if you had one, and that you all are renewed and ready to go.  I would like to start this weektwith a story from the long past so that you can appreciate my delemma Sunday.
Once upon a time, my cousin Jessica was left in the loving care of my grandparents.  For whatever reason the number of diapers did not match the number Jess needed and when my Aunt and Uncle picked up Jess, she was in a towel with duct tape wrapped around her.  It worked right?  My thoughts exactly.
So fast forward to this weekend.  We are out in the woods at my grandparents and I look to see Tenille holding on to a tree with all her might.  When asked, "are you pooping?" she shook her head no but couldn't answer because she was concentrating so hard.  I go up there and yep, she is stinky.  Then I remember, opps, we didn't bring any diapers. So I have multiply families around me to go for help.  I didn't think any had diapers.  I wasn't sure my grandparents were home and I knew my Aunt Brenda and Uncle Jack were home because we had seen them when we pulled in.  So off to their house I trot.  The whole way, I am trying to get Tenille to say, "I pooped, no diapers, help."  But it didn't work when we got there.  She just looked embrassed.  So we cleaned her up with paper towels, grabbed a pair of my cousins underware (sorry Jess, your undies went to a great cause, and this is what happens when you move far away but leave stuff at home) and put her back in her pants.  She walked like she had been riding a horse all day. 

So we go home and change her and I washed the "panties" as tenille calls them.  Brenda said she didn't need them back (again, sorry Jess) and today I tried to throw them away.  Tenille about went into convulsions and yelled, "my panties" ran got them out of the trash and went and put them in her dresser.  This kid is something else!
The cutest thing that Tenille is doing now is saying "hold you"  when she wants to be picked up (she is not feeling really well with teeth coming in)  and she walks up to you and says "hold you"  so cute!  Yes, these are the same teeth that have been trying to coming in FOREVER!  Right now she just wants to snuggle.  So if you have little fish to feed her or animal crackers, you might have a snuggler for a while!
J has been hard at work outside our house.  We have people coming in to take out some trees that are rotten and close to the house/barns.  Hopefully this will let the sun in on the pool!  We decided to take down the fence, so sorry you can't bring us a goat or a cow or anything crazy like that anymore.  It makes our yard look totally different.  We might actually have a back yard soon!  We are hoping to bring in some fill dirt and even out the yard some.  We also pulled out all the ewe bushes from the front of the house.  I HATE trimming those stupid thing and they don't even flower or do anything.  So we used the 4 wheeler and the wench and pulled those bad boys out.  All this was right outside Tenille's window.  She slept right through it. :)
J has started softball again with Elkhart Fire Department and also with Middlebury's Fire Department.  Wives can play on that one so we have a game tonight against Nappenee.  Wish us all luck!  When I have an actual schedule I will let you all know where the fun is at.
We did try to get away this past week but Tenille was super crabby.  We ended up leaving the hotel at 12:30 am and coming home.  The one picture is of her coloring at 12:03am.  So fun!  We took her to the zoo the next day and that went pretty well.  Sunday we borrowed Jeff's mower and mowed for the first time.  Tenille liked her ride. :)  Have a great week everyone.  Wish me luck, tomorrow night is parent teacher conferences.





No comments: