Sunday, May 2, 2010

wogoman weekly - volume 2 issue 44

Good Afternoon family and friends!

Today's email is brought to you with the letter r.  (Just kidding, but Tenille does loves sesame street!)  We had a pretty good week.  J had three softball games, one two and lost one.  The one they lost was to be against the Elk hart police but they didn't field a team or show up so they played the little leaguers.  The kids and the adults had a lot of fun.  Tenille even learned to share a little bit.  She did have a baby melt down when another kid sat in her chair.  She stores up the drama and then uses it all at once.  The messy picture of her is her eating a whoppie pie at the game against the Shipshe fire department.

This morning Tenille and I played hookie from church and made pancakes.  She loved helping and even baby doll got in on the action.  I asked one of our friends who is a psychologist and she swears that it is a completely healthy thing that Tenille picked the not safe sign last week.  She says it means that Tenille  feels so safe and good about herself that she CAN pick the bad sign.  Either way, it makes for a great story.
I took Friday off and ventured to the Vera sale.  Record crowds this year.  It was crazy!  They got $5 a head to get in and all the money goes to breast cancer research.  If you check out our blog and see the photos I sent you will know that they made a ton o money!  I also planted most of my herb garden this weekend.  Tenille helped and not one plant was smashed so I think it was successful.    I also finished my college class this week!  yippy!  So I got everything in the mail and I now I am just waiting on them to score everything.  Then I can teach for 10 more years!  :)  Can you believe that I have been doing this for 10 years?  Holy cow!  No wonder I can't remember all my student's names.  My brain is full!  This week we start tutoring the kids who all failed the CORE 40 last year.  These kids have to pass in order to graduate.  Some of them don't think it is a big deal.  It is a HUGE deal.  They just don't think so . . . ahhhhhh!

J got the fire truck that he wanted now they just have to speck it out and see if it comes under budget.  If it doesn't they will have to see what they need to cut.  Other than trying to kill the big turkey (it is still evading him), playing ball, work, and seeing us, J has been super busy!

Well so for now hugely funny stories.  I will say that Tenille is a cat whisperer.  She was up helping me in one of my gardens and I heard a cat meow.  She started meowing right along with the cat.  Then out pops this black and white cat.  It went right up to her and let her pet it.  It has six toes on all of its feet.  Crazy huh.  I think Tenille did it because she knows how much her daddy LOVES cats.  Have a great week.   
 

No comments: