Tuesday, May 11, 2010

wogoman weekly - volume 2 issue 45


Ahh where to being this week?  Let's start with how I should never mention that we have no funny or weird stories.  Last week I proclaimed that nothing fun was going on so God met that challenge.
How does God think he is funny #1:
Ahh remember that cute little cat that Tenille cat whispered out of the woods?  Six toes, yep that one.  Well Sunday I spent trying to get him off the porch before the dogs saw it.  The stupid thing wouldn't budge.  I thought ok I will let the dogs out.  Well when they got out to the sun room the stupid cat ran farther back on our porch instead of taking the safer route off the porch.  So I said Fine cat have it your way, I let the dogs out a different door and they went running after the cat.  The cat takes a gaint leap of faith off the back of the porch.  Pretty high up there.  Higher than when my sister lauched our cat from the tree house with a walmart bag tied with string to each of its feet) (oh you don't know that story, it's a good one ask Cari) But anways, it was high and the cat lived to run up a near by tree.  Sasha then tried her hardest to also climb the tree.  (do you know dogs can't climb trees?)  Sasha sat the rest of the night at the bottom of the tree or on the porch so she could see the cat at eye level.  And what do you think Tenille is worried about during all this?  She is upset because the cat is stuck in the tree.  We finally all go to bed and the cat is still in the tree.  Fine, I have never seen a dead cat in a tree so they must be able to get down.  It did at 12:30 that night and came and meowed outside our door to our bedroom. Ugh!  Guess what happens the next day? Same thing all over again, just a different tree.  Stupid cat!  We haven't seen the cat since then althought Tenille meows for it everyday.  Today at daycare her teacher asked me if we got a cat.  I asked why and I guess Tenille had been trying to tell them all this story all week but all they could really understand was kitty and house and tree.  That is about the highlights yes Tenille.

So onto story two of how I shouldn't tempted God:
Tenille is trying really hard to learn to go down steps without help.  She mastered the one step in the garage is is so proud of herself.  She doesn't do it gracefully yet but she is working on it.  So Tenille is outside practicing her steps while we are working on our landscaping.  My brother re-designed our landscaping and we got a bunch of plants from him.  We spent a day last week taking our the old stuff and putting new stuff in.  Jason had to dig this huge hole to put on of the bushes in. (do you see where this is going because J and I didn't)  As J is moving the bush off the trailer and getting ready to shove it in the hole, I ran to get my gloves.  Tenille took this opporunity to look and then step into this big hole.  In the two seconds I looked away she stepped in.  J was there is half a second but it was long enough for me to see the single ponytail wafting in the breeze as she started crying.  Ugh!  I held her and got the dirt out of EVERYWHERE.  She is ok just a little bruised up.  I can write about it now because she is fine but that was the most pathitic ponytail I have ever seen.
Story three involved daycare:

I picked Tenille up this week on Wendesday to find a note saying that the fire department was there.  So I think no big deal we see those all the time.  Well apparently a kid got stuck in a tree and they called for help.  And by stuck I don't mean it crawled up and couldn't get down like that stupid cat, I mean he got his leg wedge into the tree and it took three firemen to get him out.  So while this story does not really involve Tenille it does show the dangers of playgrounds and trees.  :)

Tenille brought home a present for me for Mother's Day.  Before I could open it or say thank you she yells, HAT!  And starts hitting her head.  She made me a hat.  I hung it up I am so proud.  It just makes me giggle that she couldn't wait to tell me what it was.  I love how much she loves life.  She is still running up and asking "hold you" when she wants up, which I think is so cute even when my arms are full or already tired.  She is still potty training at daycare but hates doing it at the house. So that is bad, yesterday she took off her diaper while taking a nap and peed all over all her animals and blankets. But she didn't pee in her diaper!  :)  Well that about sums it up.  We had a very eventful week.  Mother's Day was awesome, I hope yours was too. 

The Amish showed up at our house Monday to clear our dead dying and too close to the house trees.  It is so sad because some of them are so old but they need to come down before they fall down onto something important.  Everyone knows that would happen when J is at work.  I cried over the trees anyway.  Guess I am just a tree hugger at heart.  Tenille didn't understand what was going on and gave me a hug and patted my back.  Our front yard looks like a wreak right now.  I am sure the neighbors think we have lost our minds.  We are planning to take out some of the trees, bring some stuff for the pool with a cement truck, push some dirt around with a dozer, and bring in fill.  Needless to say that our yard will be easy to mow because we will have killed and torn up lots of it.  But give it season or two and it will look AMAZING! Enjoy the pictures and stories! Until next week!

No comments: