Monday, June 7, 2010

wogoman weekly - volume 2 issue 49

Ahh the count down continues for our girls big day.  Look at that we are already to issue 49 of this year!  Working outside has become an understatement at our house.  I am starting to wonder if this is what the Amish feel like.  Work all day and get up and do it all over again. 

J and I cut, moved, split, and stacked firewood yesterday after church.  Yep, that is right, I used a chainsaw.  I am so proud of myself.  I was scared to attempt it for fear I would cut something off I would rather keep but I am all in one piece.  J showed me how to run the thing and have me two pieces of wisdom. 1) here is where the brake is to shut off the blade if need. 2) be careful how you saw, the wood could pinch the blade.  I thought the second one was pretty stupid.  I mean how could I get it stuck if there was that chain zooming around it.  I showed J how to do I could use it and within 3 seconds of him starting his (across the yard, mind you) I pinched my blade in the tree.  I now understand! ( Just want you to know I freed it myself, thank you very much!) I was so thrilled with my cuts until I started pulling the tree apart and noticed that I didn't cut as much as I thought I did and now we are the proud owners of weird pieces of firewood.  Well, it all burns the same right?

Once Tenille woke up from her nap, she happily played in her car and her house, and with the dogs while we worked.  If it wasn't for the TV's in the car, I am not sure she would even know what they are.  She is a big help in the garden.  We picked our first and second batches of peas this week.  Tenille ate the whole first batch while I worked on other parts of the garden.  The second batch she saved 3 for Jason.  The rest she ate.  Guess the girl likes her veggies. 

I have officially made a fenced in garden and planted more beans since the first crop were appetizers for the bunnies.  These seem to be doing well and are up already!  We also got our first box of food from our CSA which is community supported agriculture.  We paid some Amish guy to grow us veggies.  Last week we picked up lettuce, spinach, onions, radishes, snap peas, and rhubarb.  We also signed up for a loaf of bread a week.  That stuff was gooooood!  I would encourage any of you to think about it next year, pretty cool and helps keep our money in the community.  Plus you get to eat better.  (You know for all the chainsawing you are doing too)

We lost two trees this weekend in the storm.  Crazy sounding to hear them fall.  Tenille was with my parents and I guess slept through it all!  Such a good girl.

I wish I could tell you all the crazy things she is doing but she is learning so fast that I forget them because there is always something new.  I have video taped her reading a book with me Time to Pee is the title.  She also has learned from her Uncle Jeff that you can draw on yourself.  This meant last night while J and I were eating that she was really quiet in the sun room.  I checked on her and she was coloring on paper.  A few minutes later she comes into the kitchen looking all sheepish.  I couldn't figure out what was wrong until I looked at her feet.  She had "painted" her toes nails with marker.  Well, her toes and most of her feet as well.  It was off to take a bath after that!  She did come home today and proclaim her name was "wogoman"  it was so cute!  It is the first time we have heard her say that.  Doesn't that make your heart melt?

While she was helping me grill last night she looked at my herb garden and said, "oh my goodness" never heard those words before but there she was, just being so honest, telling us her life story,  She has started to "sing" for us which is really cute.  She has a microphone and everything.  She has also asked me to sing for her when she is tired and need to sleep.  Her favorite? "Sunshine"  which is "you are my sunshine" (which by the way isn't a really a happy song all together, it is just the chorus that is happy, I googled it).  She is also a big fan of "pony boy" which is a song and she gets to ride on your leg.  J is a sport and even makes up new verses for her like "sasha dog" and "harry dog".  She is also starting to talk a lot more on the phone so be prepared.  She talked to daddy, grandma/grandpa, and uncle mark all in the last two days.  So watch out world!  And for those of you not in my family all these songs might not make any sense so sorry if you are confused. 
Hope all is well with you.  Posted a cool picture of J fighting fires on the blog.  He is working so hard everywhere that I am surprised he doesn't pass out when he gets home.  We hope to fill the pool to 5 ft this week.  I am sure there will be pictures. Tomorrow is the last day of school.  And on that happy note I am done!  Yippy!

No comments: