I am so happy and sad all at the same time. Our little girl is no longer with "toot".
We talked about it for a week and Sunday she gave it up. I am now sure she didn't understand that it wasn't coming back. The first major clue to this is when she woke up Sunday night screaming, "Gone, All Gone!" We had to rock and sing to make that better. Monday was just about as bad. Last night she slept all night and only asked about it once today. And what did she ask? "Daddy bring toots?" Daddy is doing hazmat training in Colorado Springs. We got rid of the toot the day Daddy left and now she is sure he is bringing them back. I told her no but we will see if she "gets that" later.
Our computers and Skype are our new best friends. Tenille has been talking to daddy on the phone and on the "T.V." every night. They play peak a boo and she giggles so loud she hurts your ears. We both miss him terribly and can't wait for him to come home on Sunday.
 I decided today that at this point in my life I have never been happier. Everything is going so well. Yes, a few weeks ago when the trees started coming down I panicked and thought we will never get this cleaned up. And now, most of the flower beds are tamed (remind you I said most), we had the worlds biggest bonfire last Friday and we got rid of most of the tree tops. Did you know tires and wood can smoke for up to 4 days and will probably keep doing it if you don't have rain? There are still things that are so frustrating that you want to pull your hair out but we are taking them one step at a time. This includes that whatever is eating my garden plants. Still completely enjoying myself.
Tenille's birthday party is coming along nicely, other than Elmo can apparently not be put on a cake for fear of copyright laws or some such nonsense. I am now looking for someone to help me break the law and give my daughter an Elmo cake. The things I do!
 She got her first present in the mail today and LOVED it. She is so excited to outside that the gardening set was a huge hit. She calls it her purse but took it everywhere with us today while we worked. One of the pictures this week is with her Elmo pinata. It is about as big as her! She is on the phone with J when I took the picture. Notice the smile!
 With the passing of the toot, I have realized that my baby is not so small anymore. She is a big girl and I didn't know that the baby stage was ending. I should have paid better attention. One day she was my baby and the next, a big girl. Good thing she still loves her mommy and daddy! She asks all the time "mommy doin?" to which I tell her. Yesterday while driving she asked and I said I was driving, I asked her what she was doing and she thought about it and replied, sittin ( she was in the car mind you). The picture of her sitting on the floor is our smart little girl trying hard to read my book clubs new book. It is about Theodore Roosevelt. This girl is into deep books. On a side note, she did pick our her first two books from the library. Something about animals, (go figure) and the other was good night moon. We have read them every night since we got them. So cool the library has books for tots!
She did get another incident report this week from school. It seems she was running in the hallway and tripped. She caught herself with her upper lip and now has a big "ouchie" there. Hopefully it will heal before her pictures on next Saturday. Hope all is well with you. Family, please let me know if you are coming to Tenille's party so I can get enough of Elmo's favorite food. (Don't know what it is, then I guess you should come!) Please bring your lawn chairs if you could, that way you aren't sitting on the ground! Ok I think that is it. Love you all!
|
No comments:
Post a Comment