Monday, June 21, 2010

Wogoman weekly - volume 2 issue 51




I would like to start this email by saying that officially I feel so much better than I did two years ago today! :) Now I can sit back and relax with Tenille sleeping in her crib. So much easier!


Our little girl continues to "grow up" she can say her last name and doesn't sleep with her butt up in the air anymore. That was so cute! I am so surprised that this "baby" stage is over that I am still trying to figure out where the time went. As of tomorrow our little girl will be 2! Can you believe that? She is going to daycare tomorrow and bringing in ice cream sandwiches. Then it is off to see daddy at the "station" as she calls it and then dinner with paw paw and grandma. So exciting. I forgot we also have swim lessons tomorrow morning. She is doing so well in them. Not totally excited about the getting her head wet but flying through everything else. :) Today she was so excited about doing "rocketships" off the side that she didn't even wait for me to be there. Her eyes got real big when she realized that there could be a problem with this! But once a lifeguard always a lifeguard and she didn't even get her head wet! (speaking of this, I did have a nice safe on a two year old last week at a friends party. They have a awesome fish pond and this girl got a little too close. I caught her but the back of her diaper and shorts before she even hit the water. I have ninja skills that I just haven't told you all about!)


J made it home wonderfully. He did have a a two hour delay but we were able to spend that time at home versus the airport so that really helped. We went to the zoo and Tenille has so much fun seeing the . .. you guessed it . . horse! A zoo full of cool animals and that was her favorite. She did also like the lion and the monkeys. We were going to have dinner camping with friends and family but the weather turned bad pretty quickly. We were so looking forward to smores that J saved the day by building us a quick fire (using one my fire starters) and we had smores. Tenille sobbed when we squished the mellow between the two graham crackers and she screamed for us to take them apart. She wouldn't touch them. I guess she is a marshmellow hugger. :)


I have discovered that we are desperately low on our stock of strawberry jelly. So I made my first attempt. Pretty easy to make, Jason's grandma showed me how a couple of years ago but that situation didn't figure in the daughter who sits on the counter and eats as many as I can clean! But look how happy she is!


Well that is about it. We are gearing up for tomorrow and the big second birthday. J is doing his darnest to clean up the property before everyone gets here and it is looking so nice! I have also been working. While J was gone I hung up 4 bird houses. Two of which now have nests and one has eggs! :) And I would like to brag for a moment and say the one house was destroyed but the Amish guys that were here and I saved it, cut a new back for it from scrap wood (with a hand saw), and drilled holes in it and put it back together. As my father - in - law told me the other day, that is very little house on the prairie. So yippy for me! I moved and can now use a chainsaw, a hand saw, a power washer (my fav), a leaf blower (my second fav), a drill, and the new lawn mower. So I think I have really come up in the power tool world! So I hope you are all well. Be prepared for pictures next week!

No comments: