Well it is offical. We have broken in the new pool. What screams more than jump on in, than a 86 degree day. Ok so the water was 70 ish and that my friends in cold. Did that stop J from jumping in and playing basket ball? Of course not! Did that stop our 2 year from braving the water? Are you kidding me? That kid has been asking to get in every since the water went in. Tenille at first thought it was cold too and said, "I'm not sure" but a few minutes later she plunged right in. Her favorite spot? The ladder. Not the big awesome steps that we put in but the ladder. Oh goodness. She had her floatie on (so she doesn't go too deep, she told us) and swam up and down that pool so many times we lost count. She then climbed out declared she wanted to be a mermaid and put on her new towel. I think it is the cutest thing every. So the pool is ready and waiting! I think on her birthday list, Tenille is asking for pool toys. :) These also gave her a chance to use her mermaid towel. She loves it!
Would you like to know the words you DO NOT want to her coming out of your daughther's mouth. "Mommy, I cut hair" ......my response "uh ... whose hair did you cut" as I am frantically looking around her head to see if she is missing a pony tail or part of her bangs. "The horse's" is her reply. I got into the living room and my daughter who was happily combing her horses hair decided to give the mane a cut. The good part is we only lost a 1 inch piece and you can't tell. I know the question you are all asking . . . how did Tenille get scissors? Well she has safety scissors in her craft supplies which she got into while I was folding laundry in the other room. Guess it is time to move those scissors.
She also got dressed Sunday night and looked at her reflection in the her bathroom window. She put her hands on her hips. Twirled around side to side a little, and proclaimed, "Mommy, my boobies are growing!" I can't make this stuff up! I looked at her and tried not to laugh. I told her someday they will. :)
J started sanding the old concrete around the pool. It looks so much better. J ended up looking like a ghost with white hair but it that washed off. We also pulled the shurbs out from around the side of the house. They were taller than me! Now we have room to plant new flowers. It is going to be AWESOME!
The picture of the flowers and piece of candy is just that. Tenille spent some time with my parents and when we picked her up she handed me "flowers and candy". What could be better right?
Tracy
"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt."
~ Margaret Atwood
No comments:
Post a Comment