Persistence. God teaches you lesson through the most remarkable ways. The picture of Tenille golfing is from this past weekend. It was the 40th anniversary of the Essenhaus and you could golf for free. So we went. Jeff, Heather, and the kids went too. Tenille had such a fun time, even though it was sort of raining. The last hole of the 18 hole course keeps your ball. You hit the ball up a steep hill into a house. Tenille never hit the ball farther than 6 inches so this hill was quite challenging for her. There is a fence that blocks you from getting too close to the house so you don't cheat and win a free game. That fence made it nearly impossible for Tenille to get that ball in there.She spent a good 15 minutes trying to get her ball in the house. She never gave up. She tried every strategy that we offered her. Even when the line of people was long she didn't mind. In the end, I gave her some help but she did it. I was worn out from the experience. I was worried about the other people waiting in line and worried that someone would be mad. When we went to return the golf club, they let Tenille pick the balls out of the house and put them away in a basket. The guy that was working there, an older gentlemen, came out of the store as we were leaving and said, "Don't ever let her lose that perseverance" What a great lesson. If I would have made her quit she would have learned that quiting is the way to we do things. And we don't. I loved that I learned something about Tenille and myself from a complete stranger. Are you listening when God talks to you?
I got all the plants put in the landscaping and am ready to get some more. Tenille and I are working on the garden tonight. Corn is up, but I want to plant more so we have corn ready for a long time. Everything is looking good. I put a fence up around the corn and the beans because the bunnies found them. Ugh! Tenille tries so hard not to step on the plants and then apologizes forever when she does.
We found another mushroom on our property. It was LONG past eating but it was there none the less. Tenille likes to put on her boots and "look for mushrooms" around the property. What an adventure she is becoming.
She also has declared a front door and a back door to her room. Every night I kiss her good night and then stand by her "front door" this would be the left side of the door. I tried to leave her room and go to the right and she yelled.... "hey, that is my back door.....go to my front door" Silly girl. Now I have to sneak past her door when she isn't looking to go to my bedroom.
We stopped by a LARGE cow on our way last week to the Pigeon Inn. She loved the thing. Not sure you are supposed to get that close to it, but hey she is cute . . who is going to argue with that?
J got to see his new fire truck this week. They flew out of Elkhart at 6am and he was back home by 7:30pm. Not bad for going to Pennsylvania huh? Pretty cool truck. It should be here in a few days. :)




No comments:
Post a Comment