Friday, August 12, 2011

wogoman weekly - volume 4 issses 5,6,7

 
Well it officially happened.  I got a text from a friend saying my blog needed updated.  I thought how could this be .. lets see didn't send one the week we were getting ready for Maine, didn't send one while we were in Maine (absolutely no Internet at our house) and now it is Friday of the week we got back.  Oh my, that is three weeks.  You people must be sitting on the edge of your seats wanting to know what is going on in our lives!
 
Well Maine was absolutely awesome.  We did two days in Boston, a week in Maine, and one crazy long day driving home.  We ate lobster almost every day and had so much fun with our family.  In Boston we stayed at a waterpark with a hotel, we ate lunch at Cheers (met Jeff's there) and toured Fenway park.  We took along a flat Stanley from the library and took pictures of him everywhere we went. He even got shot out of a cannon at General Knox's house.
 
Our house in Maine was great.  It had plenty of room for Jeff's family and ours.  It even had an addendum (small house you send the boys to when they get loud)  Alec and Luke slept out there every night until they saw a chipmunk coming out of their shower and said no to that.  We were on the water so we got to see so much.  The kids played in there all the time, where are the kids . . down by the water. :)  The boys spend much of their time fixing a lobster trap, fixing a row boat, and trying to catch lobster.  They caught a crab. :)  The girls, colored played with musical instruments that they found, and ran around a bunch. 
 
We toured wineries (most were on farms so the kids looked at the animals and we tasted!), rode on a lobster boat and watched them haul in the lobster, did the Rockland lobster festival,(it had a touch tank and Tenille got to hold a lobster, 2 star fish, a sea urchin, a crab, and a scallop.) and ate more lobster.   We saw the lighthouse that Forest Gump ran to.  I know I am missing so much to tell you all.  It was amazing however, when asked on the last night what their favorite part of the trip was, everyone mentioned something that was done at the house or just being with family.
 
The weather was awesome up there.  We had fires out by the water.  Tide would come in and was away the wood if you stayed out too late. :)  We had fires in the house to take off the chill at night.  No one up there has air conditioning because they only need it like 3 days a year. :)
 
Once we got home it was back to work for everyone.  Tenille "moved up" classes and now is with the big kids.  It is so awesome to see her do so well there but so said that she really isn't a baby anymore.  I go and get my fix by visiting Kate in the nursery.  She even smiled at me this week.  J was back at both jobs and is in the full swing again so to speak.  And me....yep, I got the letter that says I have to report back to work.  So Monday I give up my summer and head into work.   On the way into type this I figured out why I haven't got this out yet, I have frozen 2 bushels of corn, put up 6 jars of pizza sauce, weeded my garden so I could actually see what I had in there.... 3 weeks is bad on the garden. And cleaned up around the outside of the house.  We lost two big limbs while we were gone and J had to chop them up.  But I think we are ready to all be back in the swing for school, work, and daycare.  At least I hope so.  Goals for this school year
 
1) Enjoy my family before they grow up!
2)Make it through the year without losing my marbles
   (always need to be reminded of that in march)
3)Teach a better IB class
    (got to see my kids scores from last year. They were good but I am sure we can do 
     better)
 
Well I think that is it.  Hope you like the pictures.  I had to sort through so many good ones. :)  I hope this finds you all ready for the next stage of the year!
Tracy

"The difference in who you are and who you want to be is what you do." 

 check us out on the web:
 
13551 CR 12
Middlebury, IN 46540
t - 574.361.2334
j - 574.596.8144   

No comments: