| Sunday we got to experience something awesome out of something terrible. The Elkhart Fire Department held their annual Fallen Firefighter/Police Ride. It was so cool to start at our house with one bike and slowly, the closer we got to Elkhart, we picked up more and more. All riding that day for the purpose of not forgetting the fallen. I am nervous as my students get older that the next generation will forget what 9 11 means, how it made us all feel, how helpless but united we were as we all watched from our T.V.s I heard someone say that 9 11 will be like pearl harbor day to the next generation and that makes me sad. But for today, J and I could see all the support and love from so many people. So thank you if you were out there or saw the motorcycles. The day and the ride were awesome. We started at Elkhart and worked through waki, nappanee, goshen(where we stopped for a great ceremony), middlebury, bristol, and back to elkhart. It was awesome to see the people come out to support the fire, police, and ems. And man what a racket 700 + motorcycle bikes make while traveling. You could tell people came out just to see what the noise was all about! Tenille is religious about brushing her teeth now. I think maybe she just likes to spit in the sink. :) J and Tenille had their first gun safety lesson. It involved cleaning the hand gun that J used the other day at the range. They were back there for an hour, cleaning and talking. When done I quizzed her on what she learned. She is a smart cookie. I think gun safety is so important for her. Our guns are locked in the safe but she still needs to know. Last night Tenille helped me make pizza. I think she just wanted to eat the toppings. But that is why I bought the big cans. That way she can eat and still have some for the pizza. Then we started looking around our house for rocks. They are going to make prayer rocks at school. Then Tenille exclaims, "I saw a snake!" Yes, we now officially have a pet snake. It is a Gardner about as long as my forearm. So little so cute and hopefully he is eating all the stupid spiders! Well as we carefully looked for the little guy (he is FAST!) I found his shed skin. Complete and intact. So off to school that went today. Apparently Ms. Terry (Tenille's teacher) is terrified of bugs, Oops! Hope a snake doesn't count. :) J hates snakes so hopefully this one will hide when he sees J coming. Hope you have a great week. A last little Tenille note, I told her this morning I was going to get my hair cut and she started sobbing. When I asked why, she got out, "But I don't want you to cut all your hair off!" How cute right. I tried to tell her what a trim was and then gave up. Silly kiddo. Tracy "The difference in who you are and who you want to be is what you do." check us out on the web: 13551 CR 12 Middlebury, IN 46540 t - 574.361.2334 j - 574.596.8144 |
No comments:
Post a Comment