Wednesday, September 7, 2011

wogoman weekly - volume 4 issue 11

I would like to start by saving we are not old.  Nope not at all.  But getting out of bed this morning sure made it seem like we are.  Why was that you might ask?  Well we LABORED over labor day. 
We: painted the pool shed, mowed the yard, moved landscaping blocks, burned up a huge pile of brush(had a cookout with it, waste not want not)m hung up the mirror in the bathroom(looks awesome!) and hung up 8 pictures on our wall.  That doens't sound bad does it? well we also spilt, hauled and stacked 4 pig carts full of wood.  We now have NEXT winters wood put up drying.  It is taller than me and the whole length of the barn.  Thanks to my parents for letting us borrow the log splitter.  Oh yeah, I ran it :)  Tenille played on her swing set and we split wood.  Tenille played with a pail of rocks, and we split wood.  Tenille sat on the 4 wheeler, and we split wood.  My forearms are so tired. :)
 
We also sat around and contemplated all the work we did this year:
new windows and doors on part of the house
the pool
the new concrete
the pool shed
landscaped the front of the house
moved landscape bricks from the side
created and put rocks in 4 beds around the yard
half cleared the orchard
built a playground set
tore out the deck
replaced parts of the deck
created two raised beds and a garden
created a rain garden
 
Wow, I'm tried just writing that!  Think what next year will hold!
 
We have picked out Tenille's halloween costume.  so cute.  You will have to wait to see what it is.  Anyways, Tenille had a great time trying on all the different costumes that could fit her.  This morning on the way to school she asked, "Mommy do you know where my pumpkin is?"  I said no but we will find it.  Why do you need it.  Her reply, "Well went we go Halloweening we need it so we can get candy.  And mommy, you and Daddy need to come too so ....so.... so.... I don't get hit by a fire truck."  First I loved that she made Halloweening into a verb and second that she needs us to cross the road, because you can only get hit by fire trucks I guess.  :)  She is so silly!
 
I have finally been able to grow a moon flower.  I am so excited.  I tired last year but bought the wrong kind of seeds.  I tried two years ago but my plant died and didn't ever bloom.  But now . . now I am growing moon flowers.  My parents grew them we we lived on brewster drive in bristol.  I don't know why I love them so much . . just do.  They are the first offical (If they make it through the winter) plant in my white flower garden.  So cool!
 
We went to the dentist yesterday.  Tenille did great.  She wasn't sure about the whole thing but they gave her a toothbrush and a little tube of tootpaste and she loves it.  She starts going every 6 months.  I on the other hand have TWO cavitities.  Well they are pre cavitities.  I am so sad.  33 years with a cavitity and now TWO ugh!  The ladies there said, well you know when you have kids everything else goes and all I could think about was my grandpa, "When you got kids, that's all you got!"  Well I wouldn't trade Tenille back for no cavitities so I'll be a big girl and get them fixed.  Hope all is well!
 
Tracy

"The difference in who you are and who you want to be is what you do." 

 check us out on the web:
 
13551 CR 12
Middlebury, IN 46540
t - 574.361.2334
j - 574.596.8144   

No comments: