Monday, September 19, 2011

wogoman weekly - volume 4 issue 12



 
Welcome to a rainy day in Indiana!  We got most of the stamped concrete done this weekend.  Jeff, Alec, Luke, J, and a guy we went to high school with all mixed, poured, smoothed, sprayed, and stamped concrete.  It looks so awesome.  Unfortunately we ran out of bags on concrete mix and are about 2 or 3 bags short. :(  We had to level out a lot of placed that we didn't realize were an issue.  But it looks AWESOME!  So we just have to finish the one corner, spray on the sealant and tada . . . no one will no that we have concrete that was poured like 5 different times. :)  I am so proud of our guys.  They all worked so hard!
 
Quote of the week from Tenille:
We are in the car going to school.
T: "Mom what is that smell?"
Me: "What smell, I don't smell anything."
T:"No, that smell.  Smell it.  It smells like chipmunk."
Me: "Oh really, what does chipmunk smell like?"
T: " Maybe it's not chipmunk, maybe it is my smellums, in my bag"
How funny is she?  Her smells in a little jar of scentsy wax that Heather gave her.  I am so glad I write these emails and blog, because some day I am going to need a laugh and that my friends and family is a good one!  Smells like chipmunk indeed!
 
Another one (I couldn't help but put this in)
J asked me why Ms. Mary Ellen is now the cook at school.
Tenille heard this and said," Because we can't cook our own food dad!"
True Very True.
 
We almost lost a member of our family this week.  J was working outside and came in to find Dorthy (Tenille's fish) on the floor.  She apparently went for the big triple axle flip and miss calculated.  She was unresponsive when care was started.  J threw her in the bowl only for her to go belly up. Hmm not good.  J left her alone for a while to come back and find her happily swimming around asking for food.  Goodness, this fish is a tough one!
 
Sasha did manage to kill a wood chuck yesterday.  She was so proud of it too.  I found her all snuggled up with it in the yard.  She had ripped two of the legs off.  I sent a picture to J and showed it to Tenille.  Her response? Mommy can I go see it?  What have we done to this child! :)
 
Hope all is well and that your rain barrels are full.  Have a great week!
 
Tracy

"The difference in who you are and who you want to be is what you do." 

 check us out on the web:
 
13551 CR 12
Middlebury, IN 46540
t - 574.361.2334
j - 574.596.8144   

No comments: