Thursday, January 26, 2012

wogoman weekly - volume 4 issue 30










Our daughter is amazing to us everyday. She says things that make such sense to her and are true but we never think about.
Quote
1) When baby Katie gets more teeth I will be able to play with her.

2) Measure me again today mommy, I know I grew last night. (And she did!)

3) The best part of my day was at church with you. (I wasn't even in the same room as her so I am not sure how to take that one!)

4) Tenille has to try everything they feed her at school. So when Ms. Mary Ellen made red beans she had to try them. She told me that night on the way home she doesn't like red beans. Tenille's prayer that night was, "Dear lord, don't like Ms. Mary Ellen make red beans for lunch tomorrow. Amen." How cute is that?

5) Tenille "Mommy, I shot the dog." Me What? "I shot the dog, see," And Tenille walks over and touches Hank. When she drags her feet she then SHOCKS the dog. Very funny to her, no so funny to Hank.

And the last quote of the week was not from Tenille but to Jason from the Direct T.V. guy, "Um is your wife Indian? You know like the ones in Alaska" So that means I have been called, Asian, Indian, Alaskan Indian, and white. Someday I gotta dig deep into my roots because I have been called all these by my kids. I sat once at the circus that came to Middlebury and the guy next to me said, "Hey are you are Watson?" Are you kidding me? Apparently he went to school with one of my uncles. So there it is out there, I'm white, I have white kids (another shocker to one of my students) and the Watson in me can be read a mile away. Guess I am not adopted. :)

It's raining. Again. Snow is melting, again. My flowers have already started coming up so I am talking nicely to my bulbs trying to convince them to stay down for a few more months!

School is good, kids are crazy, but what is new there right? J had school for the fire department this week so that is keeping him super busy. I'm taking an online class to help me make a better moodle page. It is the service that our school uses to put information out there to the kids. So far I can give them papers and notes from class. I can also give them homework that the computer checks for me. :) I want to be able to give them a test online soon. Technology is expanding so fast it is hard to keep up!

And lastly, the story of the purple suite cover. Tenille came home from school a month ago and said, Mommy I want to wear my purple fuzzy shirt with Ariel on it. We searched the whole house. I never remember buying such a thing. She said that I bought it when I bought all these other clothes the day after thanksgiving. J and I thought she was making this up. So Saturday she goes out on the sun porch and opens the foot stool. And what do we find? A purple fuzzy swim cover with Ariel on it. I'll be darn. That girl is smarter than me! :) I didn't even remember I bought it.

No comments: