Tuesday, January 31, 2012

wogoman weekly - volume 4 issue 31









It is official! I am member of the Michiana Bee Keepers. Funny thing is, I don't have one bee. :) Telling a large group of people that is really kinda funny. But they all nodded at me and said they'd been there. Don't get me wrong, I'm getting bees, but not until May or so. So until then, I am going to read, ask LOTS of questions, and get the hive ready for bees.

Why bees? Well last year I produced 5 rotten apples on my trees. While this made my neighbor I buy apples from very happy, it did not make me happy. So after doing so research I thought hmmmm may be bees would help. But the defining factor as to why I thought this was a good idea, happened when I gave my neighbors honey for Christmas. They all loved it. The honey came from my Uncle Jack (my new bee mentor) and was great quality. One neighbor (who used to raise bees) said it was just beautiful, another one said, "So is this you honey?" And I thought huh, this guy thinks I am completely capable of raising bees. Maybe I am! So with that, my bee education has begun or beegun. :) This weekend is Jack's bee school. :) Uncle Jack is going to help 3 of us figure out what we need to order and get for May. So excited. And the part that is making me know this is a good thing, there is math involved! :) I know I know, bees and math don't seem like best friends but they are! So today I am going to try to talk about what I learned to my high school seniors. They are either going to think I am completely crazy (probably the case) or see the relationship between the two. Cool huh?

Tell is of course coming up with tons of funny things to say, most of which involved her not understanding what word is would like to use and us trying not to laugh in her face. Like this morning. I am in the kitchen making my breakfast while Tenille is eating hers at the table and I hear, "Mommy, hank is trying to light a fire" Poor hank, last week he got shot and this week he can't light a fire. So I go running in the other room and hank is smelling my fire starters. I think the best part is that Tenille thinks hank can start a fire someday. "Hank can't right now because he is too little. When he grows up he can" I love this girl's logic. :)

Since it has been warm lately we have been walking Hank around the property when we get home. Mostly a lot of Hank and Tenille running . . both of them falling in the snow and then me picking her up before the dog licks her to death. We have been identifying foot prints which Tenille finds fun and her favorite so far is when we found Jason's from the night before. She thought that was hysterical!

Hope everyone has their Superbowl plans ready and food bought. Me? Plans yes, food no. Gotta get on that I guess.

Cari and I are going to a spa for Cari's birthday this weekend. Yippy! Everyone needs that sometimes. Hope your week is good. I am sure I will have good Tenille stories for you again next week. The picture of Tenille passed out is when she spend the day with my parents. I guess they played hard that day. She was drooling and snoring when I brought her in from the car.


No comments: