Tuesday, December 8, 2009

wogoman weekly - volume 2 issue 23

Well the story of the tree continues. J came home Tuesday night and worked so hard for us at fixing our tree. He had gotten a new stand and was ready to go. He got all the ornaments on there, it looked so nice. He went to the put the last one on, and declared, "This is the last one!" put it on, and the whole tree fell over. We only lost two oranaments that time. So it is with a held breathe that I type this. I hope that it stays up. There were lots of foud letter words when it fell again and then even more when I was trying to hold Tenille (who was crying) and the tree and I lost my grip and pointy needles went into J's ear. I think if it falls again, J threaten to throw it over the balcony into the woods. He told me I would have to be quick to get the ornaments off before he did that. :) It seems funnier now as I type this the it did Tuesday night.

After a week of looking at my sad mess of oranament pieces I decided to get out the super glue. I spent over an hour putting them back together. Most look like nothing happened. Then there is my most prize oranament from my great grandmother. I was able to put my name and the date back together and glue that back to the big piece that was left. I am sure that there have been a few times in my life that God has spoken to me and I was listening. (I think He speaks to me a lot, I just don't notice in my too busy world, unfortuantely) Last night was one of those. As I sat there with glue on my fingers I calmly heard a voice say, "It is just an oranament Tracy." And He is right. It IS just an oranament. I have many memories with her, I have other "things" that she gave me. Somehow the whole thing is not so meserible now. I know that Grandma wouldn't want me to be sitting on my floor crying about an oranament. She would want me to be up having a great time with my family. So I glued back together what I could and hung it back on the tree. Imperfect and missing pieces. It's just a thing. It still reminds me of her.

On the Tenille front, we have her Christmas play. I had to stand up front with her. I had to bribe her with candy to make her stay. When she would get down with a piece she would say "Mor Mor" and give the sign for more. I am she the first couple of rows wondered what she was doing. Halfway trough she decdied to stop blowing kisses at daddy and go see him. So far a while I was standing up there by myself. Very nice. :)

I also just have to say that it is hard on us when she doesn't sleep well but it is the most wonderful feeling when she does fall asleep on your lap rocking. She is starting to get heavy! But it is oh so wonderful when she is peacefully sleeping. Last night J took an hour and I took an hour with her. She just wanted to be up. So we heard lots of hey!s and ut - o! and juice . . . kinda funny now when it is not 3 in the morning.

I know you all are wondering why this is so late. Well, we thought we were going to be able to get the internet out at our house and so I thought I could publish again from home Monday night. And low and behold, nope, the signal is too weak . . . ugh! So back to sending from home.

On last note, Santa spent almost 2 hours working on putting a kitchen set together. Who knew there were so many parts?



No comments: