Hello wonderful family and friends! I thought I would start this week where we last left off. (And before I begin, I just want to know, Do you all have stories like these or are Jason and I just lucky to have such a comical life?) Last we left off our hero had closed the hole in the side of the house and the bat was release into the wild barely escaping the jaw of death from Harry. Two days later I am trying to take a nap, when what do my wondering ear hear? A crazy bird in our house? I jumped up and ran to the window, I torn open the shutter and through up the sash (wait we don't have those . . .I just opened the curtain) and saw . . a very LARGE ticked off wood pecker who couldn't get into her house. It seems a foot and a half large pileated woodpecker had built the nest we found in our attic. I mean sure our house is brown and is in the woods but why would a bird think after successfully making a hole into our attic that she could stay there? I bet she was so happy because once she got in, well, there was a whole lot of room up there. :0 So as of now the hole is still plugged and hopefully we will be putting up steal or some other non woodpecker material. You all thought I was crazy when I said the birds were eating our house huh? Tenille must be getting ready to grow because she wakes up in the night hungry. And she got another tooth on the bottom (did I already tell you that?) and is apparently using the other kids at daycare as chew toys . . I mean teethers . .. :) She is also getting a molar WAY back there. If I give Elmo the oragel first I usually don't get bit, but I am surprised she hasn't drawn blood yet. Seriously does all this crazy stuff happen to you and you just don't post it on the web? Our weekend was filled with lots of family time. Tenille got to spend time with Jeff and Heather and the kids. She even helped with the brownies! J and I are going to Chicago for a conference and to see my brother. Should be a great time. He is a great host and so I am sure we will see the sights! :) I am currently working on making napkins! Oh how my sewing is coming along! :) They seem very easy to make but gee . . that is a lot of folding for a napkin! I also got some Elmo fabric and hope to make her a new pillow case. . . won't she be excited. Right now she just carries around the fabric. :) She helped me tonight with making dog biscuits. Oh so much fun. Good thing it was bath night! There are also pictures of her fun with a box. Aunt Angie sent the A to Z zoo which Tenille loves but she also has found the box! :) And by the way Angie, the bag the bat was in was yours too. Thanks! :) I'll have to get a picture of her on the potty. Some days are better than others. We are almost out of diapers and into pull ups. Where did my baby go? Last night when I was rocking her I noticed her feet hang WAY off the end of the arm rest. When were the days she used to reach out her foot and trace the arm rest. Ugh . . . . I bet it only gets worse. :) On the trauma side of things, Tenille did stick her finger in a pencil sharpener and turned her finger. Blood everywhere! Tenille got a band aid for that! I have since put the pencil sharpener up. :) |
Monday, February 1, 2010
wogoman weekly - volume 2 issue 31
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment