Monday, February 22, 2010

wogoman weekly - volume 2 issue 34




20 months and look how she smiles!

So on to what you have been waiting for the topic of the week and the story. . .
All I can say is frozen . . . . . . .



dead . .. .

(gotta already don't I) . . . . .

Opossum!

I mean who would not want one of those cute little things?  I looked out our basement porch Saturday morning to find it, all curled up on the porch.  I was a little worried the dogs would carry it in the house.  So when Tenille took her nap I went out there, rubber glove and big boots.  I got out there and the thing was pretty dead. (tongue hanging out and all that)  I kicked it with my boots and it stayed right there.  I kicked it harder and just hurt my toe.  Frozen possumsicle!  yummo!  It didn't bother me it was dead, I mean my dad has hunted and trapped my whole life.  Dead is dead as long as it is not your pet. :)  I thought about boiling water and pouring it on the thing, but then I was afraid I would sort of cook it, and I bet they don't smell all that awesome.  So I did what any resourceful fire wife would do.  I put a trash can over it so the dogs could't rub on it and waited for J do get home.  It took some hacking with a shovel to remove all the parts but it is now not attached to our porch. :)  Not sure how he got there but glad he is gone.  So let me recap: we have been attacked by a bat, a huge woodpecker, and a dead possum.  I am glad I am not a city girl. :)  I know tons who would have freaked out with the possum thing.


Tenille is not sleeping, she has a back molar coming in and I am sure that is the reason. :)  J and I are starting to get desperate for sleep.  He watched the Olympics with her one night at 1:30am cause she wouldn't sleep.  I crawled into her bed and slept with her there. (Yes, I can sleep in a crib, not comfortably but I fit.  And I am the master of getting out because I didn't wake Tenille up!)  I am sure there are people out there whose kids slept from day one. Not ours.  People are asking us when the next one is coming and we just start laughing.  Don't get me wrong, Tenille is the most awesome present we could get from God, but man, no sleep wears a girl down.  So if Tenille reads this some day, she should know she is loved but that siblings were a luxury we put AFTER getting some sleep . . . some day.  You name the method to put her to sleep and we have tried it.  We even put her in bed with us and we just got kicked in the head and throat.  No thanks to that!
she looks like she is saying . .. ewwww gross!

emma is a little messy . . .

We gave the daycare our old camera and they have started taking pictures for us.  There are some this week with them playing with shaving cream.  They are learning about textures.  Anyways, the girl next to Tenille is completely COVERED in it.  Tenille just looks at here like, what is wrong with you?  I laughed out loud!

J had worked some more outside cutting back the overgrown wildlife.  I have started dreaming of my flowers and garden I am going to plant.  The bulbs I planted last fall are starting to come up.  I am SO excited I can't wait for spring and summer.  I can smell spring in the air.  If you take the time to listen the birds have started to really talk in the morning.  We now also have a owl that whos at us sometimes.  We love being out here in the country.  So what if they don't plow our road.  Good, keep the people AWAY from us.  Don't I sound like a hermit?
J is getting closer to being done with hazmat school, and I am getting closer to spring break!  J got selected to got a fire school this summer.  Very cool, all expenses paid for a week.  We will miss him a ton but it is such a great opportunity for him to go.  Next time you see him, ask me about it.  Well, I have seed catalogs to look at . .. do you know they make purple beans?  hmmmmmmm hope everyone likes vegetables!  until next week!

No comments: