Tuesday, July 13, 2010

wogoman weekly volume 3 issue 3

We are back to the"normal" part of our summer. That means T is back in day care 3 days a week and I am back to working on the house. :)

Tenille is doing so many things right now that make me laugh. She loves to play her version of Marco polo. It goes, Moooommmmmyyyy, then I say Tenilleeeeee, and she starts over. I think she is just check in to see where we are in the house.

Our fish from the birthday party is still alive and we are feeding him/her everyday which Tenille loves. As you can tell by the picture she really LOVES this fish. She talks to it and likes to sit next to it. So funny.

We have spent more time at Jeff and Heather's pool. This is giving Tenille so much confidence in the water. Tonight I put her in the hot tub to swim around. She loved it but when I put her life jacket on her and she could float everywhere . . look out world! She got her face and her head wet all on her own. I am so proud of our little two year old.

I'm trying to get her to say her "prayers" at night. Not sure when you are supposed to start this with a kid but I figure it can't hurt. Tonight after I listed what we were thankful for and who we wanted God to keep an eye on for us (daddy was working) I asked Tenille if we needed to include anyone else. she thought long and hard and said, "Nikki (our baby/dog/house sitter) and Heather, and Brie, and . . . and proceeded to name everyone she knows. It was so cute.

I took the bumper off her bed because I thought hey this thing is stupid to work around. We haven't slept a solid night since then. We need to be thinking about the big girl bed since she is sleeping on a cot at school but, in her crib she is contained! :) I know where she is, I feel safe that she is safe. Ahhh our baby is getting older.

She has most of the words to "You are my Sunshine" down now. She really just likes to yell out Sunshine when the time is right really loud. That song is referred to as mommy song or sunshine song. Her other favorite is currently baby song which is rock a bye baby. What a weird song! The kid falls out of the tree!

I know I had more good stuff for you . . . hmmm... we set fire to our backwoods on Sunday to clean the "shooting lane" for the fall hunting season. I have 5 more weeks until school ugh! and Fall is coming. My grandma at the lake(hey I had lots of grandmas so everyone got names that I could remember to tell them apart) used to say that after the 4th of July summer was over. I used to think that was her being pessimistic, then we moved out here. Read carefully people, the leaves are starting to turn, not all of them but a couple and they have already fallen. ugh! I saw geese flying south (sure something scared them off their pond but they went SOUTH!) So enjoy the weather and stop and smell your roses because fall is coming my friends and you don't want to have missed summer! Sound kinda preaching today don't I?

I'll end on a light note. Tenille got candy at the Bristol parade this weekend. She was so funny because she didn't know what she was supposed to do. She looked at us like, "let me get this straight, today only I am supposed to run out into the street with no parents AND take candy from strangers? What gives?" By the time the last car threw candy Tenille was out there just smiling and picking up suckers, (her favorite!). Ahhh, our baby is so big! Have great night!

No comments: