| Cicadas! I was racking my brain trying to remember last week the other thing that told me that Fall is coming. If you haven't noticed, the cicadas have been singing for sometime. Frost is on its way. :) All is well here. Tenille is still not sleeping, not sure how she can still be punishing us for going away for 3 nights but that seems to be the deal. She now demands that one of the dogs spend the night with her in her room. The dogs are less than thrilled about this let me tell you. Sasha handles it much better than Harry. I think Tenille is afraid of being alone or of the dark. Maybe both. It finally rained a little here. J, t, and I all took the moment to splash in the rain. T was unsure if this was a good thing or not because it was so cold. I realized this might have been a mistake when she got ready to jump in a HUGE mud puddle at the library today. But we want to teach her to enjoy life and by golly that is what we were doing. She did make a new friend at the library this week. Not a boy (that was last week) but a pet rabbit. There was a girl there with her rabbit on a leash. Tenille wanted to bring it home. She loved on that thing like no tomorrow. New news here, we are still working on the house. :) I have gotten wheelbarrow loads of sticks picked up out of the front yard as well as the back. I am sure I am keeping the neighbors laughing. I had a go round with a root the other day. I won of course but I got dirt all over me and tore up the yard. Still positive progress is good. While on my weekly round up mission I found a bat. Made in 1997 and hidden in the woods under all sorts of stuff. It has a large dent in the side, probably a murder weapon of some sort. :) (I know what is wrong with me?) J was able to finally clear the paths back open in the woods. His shooting lane is looking better all the time. We are amazed by the vegetation growth. The vines are out of control. If you don't keep moving back there, they are liking to tie you down. Tenille has learned my first name, not that I taught it to her. When I didn't come get her right away the other day she stopped calling mom and started yelling TRACCCCYYYY! I think this girl is pretty stinkin smart! Tenille did learn that a movie that plays in the car can also play in the house. This was amazing to her. She was so happy to see Dora up on that big screen! I know there is more that I am missing but I'm tired from lack of sleep and I started boot camp today. There was a 62 year old woman there! I was so proud of her for completing her 1 mile run (and a little walk) in under 14 mins. I think that is pretty good! I run a mile on my birthday every year. As long as I can make it, I'm still young! :) Looks like I will be young for a long time. :) I know that many of you Workman weekly readers are getting near that age mark so I hope I didn't make you feel old. :) My time was 9:21 so hopefully I can drop some of that time in the next four weeks. That is my goal. Have a great night/day. |
Monday, July 19, 2010
wogoman weekly - volume 3 issue 4
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment