I thought when I sent out my last email on Friday and I couldn't possibly have new stuff to tell you by Tuesday already, ahhhh but I do!
Tenille, my mom, and I all dropped J off at the airport for his flight to Maryland. He is out there at the National Fire Academy learning about incident command. He seems to be having a great time and learning a lot. He comes back on Saturday. After we dropped him off we headed for the big windy city. Chicago was not at all windy while we were there! My sister Cari met us up there and we had an awesome visit.
 Mark lives in Wriggleyville. So we saw all those sights and enjoyed a children's street festival and played at two parks all on the first day. The next day we went to Navy Pier and Millennium park. Tenille loves this trip because it all focused around things she could do. She got to play in water fountains everyday. (Who needs a pool when you can run around naked outside?) So I didn't plan for the fountains buy how could you tell her no? So the first fountain on Navy pier she wore her clothes and then I went and bought her some new ones. So yes that means for a while I was pushing my naked daughter around Navy Pier looking for anything that would fit her. She ended up with a Chicago shirt that was too big so it looked like a dress. We did have a causality, I lost her original shirt while we were walking on the pier. Oops! When we got the second park I just stripped her down to her diaper and let her run. I always wondered how naked kids came to be. Now I know!

Monday we went to the Lincoln Park Zoo. It was FREE! We even found a parking spot (FREE) and brought our lunch and then went to a conservatory (FREE) and then traveled home. So we had a great day looking at the polar bear (her favorite), the seal lions, the lions, and the giraffe. Everything at this zoo was down on Tenille's level. She LOVED being so close to so much. She did cry hysterically when we didn't see any dinosaurs. Don't tell her there aren't any. She doesn't like to hear that. :)
So today I am playing catch up with the laundry and enjoying some fresh brewed tea. Oh yes, this little house on the prairie girl, grew her own mint (3 kinds) and made my own tea! I even bought a stevia plant from my Uncle jack at his store in Bristol and sweetened it naturally. So yummo to me! On that note also, I frozen 3 dozen ears of corn. I had Tenille "guard the corn" while I went in to get another bowl, only to come back out and find she was happily eating an ear. She ending up eating two whole ears before I was done. Hey it was good corn! She may have gotten a little messy but who doesn't when they eat corn?
 Enjoy your week. School will be here before I know it so officially I am taking it easy today! Have a great day! Oh, I almost forgot, we got to see them fliming transformers 3 in chicago. So cool. We got to see optimus prime but he was taking a nap. :)
|
|
|
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment