Another week has come and gone. Golly Gee! How did you live your week? With purpose? With Integrity? How did you eat? Did you get out and exercise? I just got an email from my boot camp instructor with those questions and I thought they were great. Therefore I pass them on to you.
 My birthday was awesome. I ran 3 miles instead of one and had a great time doing it. (I am not sure I typed those words because I hate to run.) Thank you all for your thoughts prayers and gifts. The picture of the 4 generations is in front of the bell that has been "brought home" so to speak. That bell was there from 19?? to 1982 when my great grandmother passed away. Then my grandparents took it to their house and now they have given it to my parents. That sucker is LOUD. But it should be, was from the school house that is within spitting distance of my parents house. They think the bell was built in the late 1800's. So I guess now that we have a "farm" I need to find us a bell. That way my great great grandchildren can stand infront of it and go, "Man, this thing is LOUD!" Kinda awesome to think that Tenille's great great grandparents rang that same bell. Gives me goose bumps.

On the Tenille front she is growing up so FAST. She asked me this week if "daddy was my best friend?" I said yes and that seemed to make her happy. I asked her who her best friend is and she said Abbie. I asked her this week to go to the basement to help me clean and she said that would be awesome. AWESOME? I didn't even know she knew that word! She ponders things now and has the cutest look when she thinks and says ok. I am hoping to get it on film soon.
For those of your already thinking about the big halloween coming up, Tenille is loving dum dums, smarties, and fruit snacks. All of which are not good for her but motivate her to use the potty. Things are going pretty well in that department and we can't wait to get over with the diapers. :)
The outside of our house is starting to be put away for winter. That means hoses are coming inside (this makes my father very happy. I am sure he doesn't want to replumb the house again) When we moved in here it was with no running water to the outside. How did they water the plants? Don't think they did. :( J, Tenille and I split and stacked wood for too many hours to count. We did have 4 pig cart loads full plus some others in different piles. After my pig cart to you I learned that my parents call it a pig cart because when they bought it (for their lawn mower) a neighbor kids wanted to know if they were going to haul pigs in it. So the thing never carried pigs and was called as such. Ours also has and probably never will carry pigs and is called the same thing. :) At least by me.
 I snuck out to camp singing hills yesterday. When I say snuck I mean J took us out there in our truck and we drove around. I didn't stop to say hi to the other people that were gathered at the old couselor reunion. I didn't really want to get into all that but I wanted to see the place one more time. What did I find? Well the gang shower that used to be covered with pretty paintings was all coverted into individual stalls and they put a roof on. Apparently girls can't shower outside together anymore. Don't think it scarred me by maybe I am baised. Shady nook, Oak Hills, and Whispering pines all looked exactly the same. Right down to the stacked wood, the tents up, the two pails by the water trough, and the rake and shovel. J looked at it and said, "ahhh gross" I looked at it and said "yep just like I remember" Hey were were roughing it. Pit toilets, and tents it was. J said when he went to camp they had nice cabins with running water. I pointed him to the water trough and said we had running water. You just had to walk to it.
J did comment that it was a long way to walk for a meal and I said, yep the mess hall was far away. I expected the mess hall to smell familiar, not sure why, but it didn't. What it did remind me of when I walked in there was the nights when we would come back after dinner and have dances. Socks hops, themed parties. Hey what is a girl to do at 8 pm with no lights in your tent? There is still a pool, a cooks cabin, a directors lodge, and the camp store. I didn't go into Tanglewood because that is were all the old conselors were at.
I'm glad I went to see it because I would have wondered what had happened to the place 16 years later. Gosh where did that time go. I truely, disperately hope that someone buys and upgrades it and keeps it as a camp of some sort. It would break my heart if not. Jason laughs at me because we he first knew me is when I worked out there. That meant me sleeping in a long tin building in July with 30 first grades and waking up one night because a girl peed by the door. She was too frightened to go to the pit toilets. He missed the days of me being 10 and running out there with new friends, singing songs (that tenille now loves), and rolling down those big hills. While I was there I am pretty sure I felt like I was 10 again. I just didn't have my cateen or my misquito netting.
Well now that I have rattled on about memories long since past let me say, boooo to Norte Dame losing. It would be nice if they showed up to play. And yippy to campfires and split wood. Jason has set us up for this and next and possibly next winter as well. What a good man!
Well I hope this finds you all well, yes that is a picture of Tenille in the dryer again. Daddy thinks it is funny. And I forgot to mention last week the one of the both of us what taken by Tenille. Such a good photographer! I promised myself that this would be a quick email. Sorry for that! Guess I had a lot I wanted to tell you all this week. I know Tenille did even more cool things but I forgot what they were. Hopefully remembering a few will count! :) Love and miss you all. (This included the two in my basement right now that are playing with every turkey,deer, and animal call that J keeps in his room) Heaven help us, hunting season starts soon!
|
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment