Thursday, January 6, 2011

wogoman weekly - volume 3 issue 28



Happy New Year!



Where did the week go?

We rung in the new years with Jason working and Tenille and I at Jeff and Heather's with some friends for fondue. Yes, Tenille, the child that never sleeps, made it to midnight and then cried when we had to leave. Uh the child! I told Brie that when Tenille is older she could spend the night at our house and then could stay up again. Brie's question, "ummmm where will I sleep?" Gotta love kids they are so straight forward thinking.

After this wonderful month I thought I should tell you all about boss of the month. I can tell you because I am boss of the month at our house and that means I get to call the shots (really it is just a bragging right but I haven't been boss of the month in . . . 4 months!) Ugh that is hard to write. What is boss of the month you may ask? Well on the first of every month, the person who flips over the calendar to the next month wins the title of boss of the month. Now of course there are rules. You can't flip it the night before the date, but any time after midnight is fair game if you have to get up for the dogs or Tenille. One night I was up with Tenille, got her back down and went to the bathroom thinking I would get the calendar next. What do I find when I was done? As snickering husband who flipped the calendar while I was in the bathroom. Ugh! If J is gone to work on the last night of the month before, I have to wait until he comes home before I flip it. So how did I beat the champion at his own game? It was New Year's Day, Tenille and J are watching cartoons while I was taking shower. During my shower I realize that I didn't flip the calendar so what do I do? You bet I throw on a towel and run out of the shower. I zip past the living room where J says, "Hey you done already?" To which I reply, "No just becoming boss of the month!" Jason was NOT happy.


Brie, Alec, and Tenille ready for a mashmellow gun fight!

Ran across an article today that you should read:
http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/article/111745/things-babies-born-in-2011-will-never-know?mod=family-kids_parents

It is about things that this generation that is being born right now will never know about. To prove this point let me say that Tenille can open any DVD case and put a DVD in the player. But Tenille picked out a VHS tape at the library last time. We got it home and Tenille couldn't figure out how to open it or how it went in the player. She just looked at me like . . you have to be kidding. Of course she tried to take the tape out.


Daddy and Tenille watching Elmo live!

We are getting some new windows and doors next week. Thank you mister obama. We qualify for the tax credit since we started this process last year. We are replacing the ones in the living room to something a little more effective in keeping the air out and the heat in. :) Yippy.

I am so happy to see some snow today. Where has all our snow been? This is winter right? Well I know there is more . . there always is but I forget.


Tenille and her babies, they are as follows:


Lambie, Violet, Baby Lula, Baby No Name, Baby Stella, Baby Elkhart, Tenille is playing with baby Olivia, holding Baby Lightbulb, and sitting and little baby Elmo, next is Baby Sally, Big Baby Elmo, Smelly Pig, Zoe,All of the wonder pets( Ming Ming, Linny, and Tuck) Baby Reindeer amd Baby Bunny.


They are each refered to by name. There will be a quiz at the next birthday party.

My student teacher started this week. He starts teaching in one week. It will be a nice change of pace for me. Well tonight is library night. J is working so Tenille and I have dinner and then go to the library. She plays on the computer, gets new books (we scored big last week with 3 care bear books, one Olivia book and one Cars book.) Then we do all the puzzles in the library and go check out our books. To do this you go to the nice lady (I really need to learn her name) and then she asks if Tenille would like a smelly stamp on one hand. Tenille says yes, then looks at the library with those big brown eyes, and puts her other hand up there and says, "please other hand." So cute.

Well I think that's it. Look for my next email soon. ( I mean next week is only in a couple days.)

P.S. It is fire and ice tomorrow in goshen, that has date night written all over it.


No comments: