Another week . . another story!
Tenille is currently living in a Rapunzel dress. We get up . . put it on. Take it off for school (wants to wear it to school but we finally convinced her she might get it dirty/she didn't have enough to share with everyone) come home from school and put it back on. Ask to wear it to bed. Pout because the answer is no and end up sleeping with it next to her bed. Repeat. Except on the weekend. She can wear the living crude out of the thing and love it. Bath last night . . . right back into the dress . . now with a crown. Loves the dress . . loves it. I'm starting to wonder if it goes in the wash or not . . I think not. We might lose the sparkles. She keeps saying that she is pretending it is Halloween. She also burst into song while in the dress.
J had a super busy weekend. He split wood, stacked wood, and most important put in a new door in our garage. Yes, we have replaced the rotten wooden door with a door that shuts and holds out the snow and wind. We had a hole in the last door that was the size of a baseball. Our garage is so much warmer now. :) Another project checked off the to do list around here. Awesome.
In my world I am now the proud owner of an Iphone . . so cool. I love the camera . . it takes better pictures than my camera. School is almost done. Eight more school days. 4 of which are midterms. My kids are finally starting to get the fact that maybe they should try to study . . .what an idea. Their midterms are worth 20 percent of their grades and I have kids saying . . .yeah . . I'm not going to study. AHHHHHH! Make me want to pull my hair out.
Hank is doing well. J got 4 pigeons this weekend. A friend of our raises them and races them. These 4 were not racing well or breeding well so now they are training tools for Hank. Unfortunately the birds don't make it through the training session. We are down to one bird in our chicken coop. Tenille seems OK with the whole thing. We gets so excited when hank brings the bird back that she doesn't mind the fact it dies. Hmmmm I wonder what exactly we are teaching her. It is probably the same thing that we are teaching her when we let her play with a pair of antlers J got off a buck a few years ago. What does our girl do with them? Why put baby Jesus in there of course. She wanted to sleep with the antlers . . hmmmm no. She wanted to take them to school.... hmmmm no (teacher was afraid of snake skin, what do you think she will do with part of a deer head). We compromise with putting the antlers in the car and taking them places but NOT taking them out of the car. Oh this girl. What are we teaching her?
I took her to a swim meet this week. It was senior night and I wanted to see my kids swim. This is a sport I actually get and can cheer for. Tenille's questions are as follows:
1. Mom which ones are your naught kids
2. Where are their floaties?
3. How come they wear goggles and hats? I don't wear a hat when I swim.
4. Why are those kids flopping around down there? (the divers were practicing on mats)
We left early to go help my nephew with math homework. Ahhh the job of a teacher never ends.
Well that is about it. Hope your day is great and your shopping is done. How's that wrapping coming along.
No comments:
Post a Comment