Wednesday, December 21, 2011

wogoman weekly - volume 4 issue 25










I keep forgetting to mention every week and Tenille can spell her name.
The first time she told me she spelled it t-e-n-i-l-e. I said that is great honey but you have two L's in your name. We did that so people wouldn't call you Te-Nile. she looked at me and said, "Well I don't like two L's in my name! so I am going to spell it t-e-n-i-l-e. I guess as a parent you never win. Since this first spelling conversation she has learned to spell her name with two L's and then adds, "You did that mommy so people wouldn't say my name wrong, right?" I really have to watch what I say around her.

I was able to scratch some time to myself in the last week and a half and read the Hunger Games series. If you haven't read it, you should. Hunger Games (the first book) is coming out as a movie this spring. It was such a good book that I didn't get much sleep at night. It is hard to read with a 3 year old running around asking you to play with her and her antlers. So off to bed she would go and into my book I would go. So there is my book(s) pick of the week. :) The third book was my least favorite, and I milled about the house for two days being mad at the way it ended. Very mature I know.

We did have a family scare this week. Jason's mom Sharon fell and broke her neck. She didn't have to have surgery and is now fitted with a big brace to keep her head still. She has to be in that for 8 weeks and then another neck brace for a few more weeks after that. So a quick prayer her way would be greatly appreciated I am sure.

The pictures this week consist of flies, doughnuts, and bowling. What a sentence! Friday night we experience the flies. I purchased food at Harding and then 4 days later we have flies. hmmmm you do the math. Anyways, we took at as an adventure. J armed with a rolled up magazine, me with a towel, and tenille with . . whatever she could find, ran around the house chasing and killing flies. The number is in the disgusting factor so I will not go into that but I am happy to say that I only saw one stubborn one this morning and that my friends is an achievement. These things would NOT die. We hit them, stun them, and then they would get back up and fly again! Yuck!

Saturday Tenille got to go to a birthday party for one of her friends at school. They went bowling and had SO much fun. They also got to play arcade games and eat pizza and cake. She passed out in the car on the way home.

Lastly we have the doughnut picture. We made (from scratch) doughnuts. They are awesome! We made them Saturday night and then baked them and put sugar on them Sunday morning. So fun. A tad messy.

Tenille is trying her best not to tell anyone what their presents are. She keeps asking me, can I tell them what their present is NOW? I am so proud because she hasn't spilled the beans at all. We took her teacher a present this morning and as Ms. Terry was opening it she asked me, Mom can I tell her now? I said I think she can figure it out tenille. :)

We gave the neighbors and the other people in Tenille's life jars of honey. The honey came from my Uncle Jack's hive. They have been a BIG hit this year. Everyone is so excited about honey. Who knew? And the best part is, it is something good for you! May have to do it again next year.

Okay, last but not least I am posting Tenille's quote of the week. Sunday (after eating all those doughnuts) Tenille is trying SO hard to go to the bathroom while J and I are brushing out teeth. Tenille is making all sorts of noises in the bathroom and then says, "Hey, I'm just like a ketchup bottle. I make a lot of noise but little comes out" It was all I could do not to laugh right there in her face because she was so serious and J actually had to cover his mouth to keep the toothpaste from coming out. Our kid is so smart and funny. AND she and Hank BOTH slept all night last night. Praise the Lord. It is a Christmas miracle. :) I hope this finds you prepared for the Christmas season. We wish you all and Merry Christmas!



No comments: