Monday, June 8, 2009

week 50

This week our Tenille has really learned to walk! She still has problems starting getting into walking position but once there, watch out world! She is so very proud of herself. They have been working with her on her signing at daycare. I think she has "all done" her version, and "eat" her version - which is clicking her tongue, but Jason and I discovered that she finally has "more" on Friday night. We got ice cream from The Chief and J gave her a bite. Two seconds later, we saw the "more" symbol. We started smiling and then she was signing more more more! Apprentently she didn't want our praise, she wanted our ice cream and now! She cried when I finished my cone. I gave her the "all done" but she still cried!

We got her a new car seat. which she liked for 2.4 miles and now she cries in that. We thought that she would like it because she is facing forward but she doesn't like the straps or something. So yippy for the fun time in the car now!

As for sleeping we are actually starting to get some sleep! Camping through her off a little but once home, tada . . . she has been sleeping most nights. THANK GOD! I think we were starting to get to a mental breaking point. Jason and I read through some of our old weekly emails this weekend. If you look all is well and happy, she is sleeping and then she gets sick and no more sleeping. One week I excitedly wrote that I got 5.5 hours of sleep in a row. The next week I didn't even get that. :) Who would have thought we could survive on such little sleep?

This past weekend we had open houses to go to and then wore Tenille out! She was crying by the third one. After a nap she was good to go! We also got her a Kangaroo Climber this weekend. My friend Amy found it at a garage sale. Tenilel played 30 minutes with the door and going in and out of it. It has a slide but she doesn't seem really interested in it yet. She cried when we tried to take her away from it.

The birthday party is this weekend. Wish me luck!


1 comment:

Kelly said...

She is walking? Oh my, I am so out of touch!