Sunday, June 21, 2009

Week 52

As I type this out to you all, it amazes me that a year ago I was in the hospital already wondering what in the world I was doing and praying that the doctor would come and bring that epidural! I don't think I have ever been so relieved as when that finally started working and I wasn't in pain, after that, it was a piece of cake.

I am trying hard not to get all weepy today, I am sure Tenille's actual birthday is going to make me cry. How can she be a year old already? Where did all the time go? I know a good chunk of it was spent, up at night, holding Tenille, discovering that yes, Tracy there are other people up at 3 am!

Tenille is taking pudding cups with her to daycare for her birthday. I am going to ask that they take pictures with my camera because I am SURE that it will be messy. Taking her to daycare this summer has been a blessing, I can get so much done and then spend some quality time with her when she is home.

Her TWO front teeth are still trying to come in. I can feel them but she isn't happy about it, and you can't see anything. She is still struggling with milk so we are working with that. The doctor doesn't seem so concerned, me my heart breaks every time she tries to poop. I am making her down prune juice. Good thing she likes it so much.

Tenille has picked up carrying a purse. Don't ask me how, because I don't. But here she is running around the house the last couple of days with a vera! And of course she goes for the evening bag! I love this photo of her with the Eagle coffee mug. It's like she is ready to go to work!

And yes, that is a piece of paper on her forward. She liked it there!

My proud moment for the week: I took Tenille to a book club at the library on Tuesday. It was an hour and a half long and Tenille played happily and quietly the whole time. Well, when she wasn't walking up to the lady talking and staring at her like, "Wow, I think this lady is in charge!" All the ladies were amazed by her behavior, as was I. We read The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society . It was a GREAT book that made me think about WWII and it's implications. (I know I am on vacation and here I am reading a deep book and talking about it!) We had potato peel pie, it was interesting to say the least! I highly recommend the read.

J celebrated his first Father's day with Tenille. She got him a new radio for his truck, and some nice finger paintings. He was very excited. He is doing such a great job with her. I am so proud of the dad he is!

Well I hope you have enjoyed this travel with our family through the first year of Tenille's life. Looking back I know that my emails have sometimes had mistakes, but hey that is what happens when you get virtually no sleep for days on end! If you don't mind I will keep up with the emails into the coming year, I am sure that our stories are keeping you on your toes for the next issue! Thank you for all the wonderful ways that you have helped us this year. It means so much to us!
"Promise me you will always remember – You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

1 comment:

Jason and Rachel said...

Isn't it bittersweet?? I still catch myself feeling sad from time to time at how 'old' the boys are getting. It really does go by so, so fast. Don't feel bad if you get weepy...I was weepy when the boys turned one and when they quit nursing both. Lots of growing up going on!

Thanks for the book recommendation..it sounds like a good one! I will have to add it to my ever growing list/pile of books to read. :)