Tuesday, December 21, 2010

wogoman weekly - volume 3 issue 26


Good Afternoon to everyone!
I hope this finds you with presents wrapped and Christmas music playing.

Just a short one this week. We are completely enjoying the library. There are computer games for her down there and she is so QUICK to figure them out. I am amazed at her all the time. She even lets me pick out books too! :) One of the computer games is actually a song game and she has learned where is thumbkin. Except she sings it like this, "I'm a pumpkin, I'm a pumpkin, here I am, here I am." Isn't that just adorable? She is a little angry with daycare because they are not "singing her songs anymore" now that the Christmas show is over she still thinks they need to be singing!

I started helping with her class at church. That is where the picture of the play dough comes from. I have this unnatural fear of play dough. I think it is the texture and how my hands feel and smell when we are done. Play dough is a toy that is better for church and school then here. :)

So far in two days off from school I have sewn my little heart out making these little organizers for all our electronic cables. I made one for Tenille out of a some Elmo fabric I had left over. That girl has more cords than I do! But her toys are so smart that it is a given. I put Christmas songs on her Violet the bear and she is SO happy. It is supposed to say your kids name but Tenille is not one of the 1,500 options so I put Neal on there instead. She is so happy. "Mommy it knows my name!" She keeps saying.
My other chore is that I used my 4-H cake decorating skills. I always wondered where they would come in handy because really how many cakes do you decorate? Any ways, when we moved in my critical eye noticed that the tile guy had "missed" sections of grout. A little here a little here. Why is that a bother? Because I have been pulling dirt , dog fur, glass, and dog food out of there. So last Christmas I called the guy who we bought the grout from. He gave me a huge thing of grout for free! And it has sat on my shelf until today. I whipped up some of that stuff (there were no directions except pictures so I guess on the amount of water) poured that stuff into a Ziploc bag and started filling in the holes. I vacuumed first to get all the dirt etc out. Two hours later I am happy to say that grouting is just like frosting a cake. And darn I am proud of myself. There is actually more do to but my hands were all pruny from the sponge and water I was also using so I gave it up for today. Still totally proud of myself. Tomorrows goal? Touch up the paint that we have knocked off the walls in the last year.

I am happy to report that she keeps saying the darnest things. I asked her what she wants to be when she grows up. Her answer, "A pumpkin, with big boobies and a big tummy." Yep that is our kid! It gets even better because apparently she went to school last week and told them too that when she gets bigger she will get big boobies like mommy. Oh I guess I have to watch what I tell that girl.

I hope your Christmas is excellent. I know you will all be waiting for all the pictures. I'm sure there will be great stories like always.

No comments: