I asked my fourth block class Friday, would you like to hear the gross story or the messy story. They opted for the gross story so we will start there. Picture it a nice evening at the library. Tenille and I hung up our coats, have picked out 5 books, have colored on the computer, and are now doing puzzles. Tenille say she has to go potty and we head in that direction. Only to be side tracked by the chalk table. After moving her past there she looked and me and said. "I already go" I look at her pants and no, they aren't wet that I can see. So we head to the bathroom, me being confident that we had it. That is until I pull down those pants and realize that the underware are NOT leaving the bathroom with us and that the pants are soaking. So there I sit. My perplexing problem was this: My daughter had nothing for the lower half of her body. I didn't have anything with me to put on her. In fact, the long I sat there the worse I realized I was. I didn't even have my keys to the car because they were in my coat which was in the middle of the library. So do I 1) leave the naked girl in the bathroom and make a brake for my coat and keys. no. 2) do I take a naked girl into the library? No 3) wrap her in paper towel and take her out there. no.4) quickly clean up the pants the best I can and run for the keys. yes. So as I am literally running through the library I pick up our stuff get the books checked and out and start running for the door. Tenille at this point is in tears. Why? not because she is in half poopy pants but because she didn't get the get her hands stamped when we checked out. so back to the circulation desk we go, get two hands stamped with a chocolate smelling Christmas oranament and head out. Ugh. We made it to the car with no further problems.
 So now for the the messy story ( I know how could the last one NOT be the messy story) I go to school Friday to hear drip drip drip. Oh yes my ceiling is leaking at our new school. Guess that is what you get for putting a flat roof on a big building. Anyway, our awesome janitor comes up looks at it while I am at a meeting, and when I come back, no dripping. Awesome. Then during second block I hear it louder and in different spots. Then my kids says, "um your ceiling is cracking" I run over there just in time. I put a trash can under the cracked area and the ceiling falls down. Most of it went in the trash can. :) But then there is the thing, handing from the ceiling . . what is that . . oh another trash can that is now holding all the water that has been dripping for the last 4 hours. So my students (who are awesome when the need to be) jump up on my desk (oh yes this is all happening over my computer and my desk and my pictures) and hold the ceiling up while I call my janitor again. I am just glad I had 3 tall guys to help. So the janitor came in and took everything down and brought me more trash cans. They called the roofers and by the end of the day, no more leaks. Let's pray that it stays that way!
 On Saturday I decided that taking Tenille to the store is now a challenge. Toy Story is out and so is the new Shrek. So besides all the other cool stuff to play with at her level, she kept running around the store wanting to look at whatever Shrek/toy story merchandise they were selling. Then she declared she had to go potty so we run to the front of the store and there is a big sign. "no unpaid merchandise" so I leave my cart with the nice girl "vanessa" behind the counter and head in there. She did great and was so excited that Target has sinks her size. So we come out and then I remember, nope didn't bring my purse in. So we have to go out to the car, get the purse, and come back in. By this time, Tenille is about in tears because the new dolly I was going to get her has now been left twice. Poor girl. The check out clerk gave her a candy cane and the world was all better. The individual string chesse that I had bought for her didn't hold up to that.
While all these stories have made my life interesting I keep hearing thise cute things she has said lately: "Mommy I am going to make a rainbow" when refering to peeing in the toliet. "I love her mommy" when I gave her a new doll. "I need you to help me play" when we wanted me to play house with her. "I look like a princess" when she put on her dress for her christmas play. "oh look I found a blue's clue" She saw a paw print on some soap to get rid of pet stains. "yes brie did it." When she found coloring on her notebook she blamed her cousin Brie. We might be in trouble ladies and gents.
After all these great stories am I sure you are thinking there can't be more . .ahh but there is(hey J was gone all week, what was I going to do but type to you and wrap presents) Anyways, with the terrible winds we had Sunday I was amazed at how "leaky" our house was. The wind would blow and the doors would rattle. The air was a movin. So I close both chimmeys. They the wind really blew and the door to the gararge opened! I was so amazed and a little scared. Then when I downstairs to wrap presents. I went to get a pen in our "craft" room and it was SO cold! Why, oh the basement door was open and it had snowed in my house . . .probably all day! Awesome. So once I closed that door, hey my house wasn't so "leaky" and my furance wasn't running so much. But boy was that room cold!
|
|
|
|
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment