Thursday, December 30, 2010

wogoman weekly - volume 3 issue 27

Good Thursday Morning. How did that happen? I was bored senseless last Wednesday and now my break is almost gone and I am wondering what I did with the last week. Oh Christmas and watching a two year old!

We had an absolutely great Christmas. Thank you to everyone for everything. Tenille got her first gun and is proudly shooting the dogs with the marshmellows. They like it because they get treats! Tenille also added to her dollie collection and I will have to take a picture of them all now and tell you their names. She is so creative. :)

Jason is taking today off of work and we are having our "new years" a night early since he works tomorrow. Oh for next year and hopefully not as many holidays to work. He has been busy feeding our deer out here. The forest has snow (well it did until this morning) but around his feeder it looks like a stamped occurred.

I wish I could keep a running tab of all the cute stuff Tenille says. This week I can only remember the one from the bath tub. Tenille was floating around in there and I said oh are you flying? To which she responded, "No mama I don't have feathers. I don't have wings." All I could say was good point. Do most two and a half year old talk like that? So smart. I am sending her two and half year picture with Bart. As soon as we got Bart out to take the picture she ran to the sun room to find the big chair. Only to discover (after months of it being moved) that it wasn't there. She had to take her picture in the chair so we climbed the ladder to the loft (where the chair is) and took this picture. She is so big when compared to how little she was with Bart.
There is rumor mill that they are going to move Tenille up to a new class at the first of the year so we will see how that goes. For Christmas Tenille made us cut outs of her hands. J opened them up Christmas morning only to find we had a had for mommy and a hand for Abbie's daddy. Apparently the dad hands got switched and Abbie's daddy got Tenille's had. I can't believe how much bigger Abbie's hands are from Tenille's. Abbie isn't that much older than her.

Tenille at two and a half years.


Tenille at one month.
I get my student teacher next Monday. So everyone say a prayer that it goes well, he's good with the kids, and it doesn't end of being tons more work for me. :) I am starting my new years resolution early. I want to be able to make bread from scratch. I know a weird goal but it is something that I want to do. I have tried twice over break. First time is didn't get fluffy at all. The second time it was a sticky mess but tasted great. So if I try it once a week we outta be good by the time the year is over. I guess it just intrigues me that this is a skill my great grandparents and grandparents took for granted and now here I am struggling with dough all over my fingers. We have moved forward as a society so much but have lost the little things along the way. I mean have you ever made bread from scratch? See. Tenille did help the second time and loved getting the flour everywhere but she said it was "too loud" while I worked on kneading the bread.

Well we have one tree down and most decorations put away. Just seems like the new year is coming so we had been clean up for it. May the rest of your 2010 be amazing. See you next year!

No comments: