Thursday, ok either my weeks are getting shorter or my time is FLYING by!
Where is spring? Have you seen it at your house? I finally saw a robin at our house. All the other robins I have seen elsewhere. The flowers are starting to come up but we still have snow. And to Jason happiness (that is sarcasm) the turtle doves have found our house. I am not sure if it is the noise they make that drives him crazy or the fact that they have followed us from our old house. (I'm sure it is the same birds) J Either way, you can hear them inside our house in the morning. I love it, J . . . not so much.
So our big trip to visit my brother Mark changed when J came home from work looking like he got hit by a truck. He was sick, sick, sick. He ended up with a temp of 103 degrees and slept most of the weekend. He didn't think that he would be very good company so Tenille and I left for Chicago . We took my mom so I could have help with Tenille in the car. Why would I need that you ask? It took us 5 hours from the time I left my house to get to Chicago . 5 hours! Now that she isn't in diapers when she says she has to pee, she has to pee. I brought her potty for the car but she didn't want to pee in there. So we had to stop twice and once we ate because she was hunger. On the way home she passed out and slept. . . no stopping, no problem.
We went on the L in Chicago and Tenille loved the "train". She really liked looking for shoes that were on top of some of the buildings. We also took her to the Chicago Children's museum. So cool. What is also cool is that I get in free because I am a teacher, J would get in free because he is a fireman, and Tenille got in free because it was the first Sunday of the month. J There were rooms with water and a room with bugs. There was a tree house room, and she got to dig for dinosaur bones. When she found out she was uncovering the head of the dinosaur she yelled, "It's going to eat me" and then ran to the other end. The tail is much safer I guess. After that we had lunch and then built a bear with Uncle Mark. So much fun. It is green and she named in Corduroy. We have been reading that book so maybe that is where the name came from. She is attached at the hip to that thing.
One funny comment on her that she will hate me for later but was so cute, yesterday she wanted to go potty by herself. So she went and when I asked if she was done she said, "No, I gotta poop like a dog. I can poop like Sasha Mommy." Oh our two year old! Have a great week.



No comments:
Post a Comment