Lesson of the week . . do NOT buy a bath fizzy blue robot for your daughter.
This will at first make her excited to use it in the bath tub like her other "little soaps" she is currently infatuated with. But when the robot starts to disappear it will lead to screams which then turn into hysterical sobs when there is now bubbles (which she hates) in her bath tub and no way to get the robot back. Being the ever creative husband, J fashioned a robot out of aluminum foil. Tenille stopped crying for about 3 seconds only to launch into big sobs when it wasn't what she wanted. Oh my! So if you want to start shopping for Tenille for her birthday . . little soaps are a hit . . .and robots . . well I guess they must be awesome too.
The porch is coming along so nicely thanks to J. He did a great job finding out what was underneath all that wood. I am not sure what we would do if he wasn't so handy. Lanny, J's brother, came out to look at the concrete that we have. After sanding it (I didn't even know you could do that to concrete) and putting some glaze or concrete on top and stamping it, our steps will look good as new. J Yeah!
I am going to have to do a post on our blog about all the construction pictures as it happens. After J took the porch off we found two more markings in the concrete. I am starting to feel like a detective for who lived here. First in the time line is
Alana 8-17-77
this is in the porch attached to the garage. So we believe that is when the house was going in. Then
Alana 1979
on the pool deck (sorry Alana but this part of the concrete is getting removed) Up until now the name was unreadable but when you see Alana on the porch you can figure out the pool deck. And then there is the one I want to tract down and go "what were you thinking?"
L.S. + G.S. '01
Is on the pad that they poured when they cut off three feet of our steps to put in a new slab for a . . . hot tub maybe? All I know is two things, 1) they left a huge hole in the steps which is currently leaking sand and 2)Hey, good news I found the steps! In a pile of rubble down our hill in the woods. Nicely broken up into head size pieces. Think I can put them all back together again? J Just kidding.
I do think I will go across the street and ask the lady that has lived here forever if she knows these people. I mean I know they have lived there longer than 33 years so I should be able to find out who these people are. J
Tenille must be growing because she is complaining about her legs hurting at night. Breaks our hearts. Then yesterday she comes home, upset because two of the girls at school were calling her a "shark" and she doesn't want to be a shark. Tenille says that they were being mean to her. She told J and me this story independently so it must have made her upset. So I talked with her about it and then I asked her teacher. Apparently the kids are really into pretending to be animals and Tenille didn't want to be the shark. Poor kid. I did ask her if she had bitten anybody yesterday and she said no so at least that is not why they called her a shark.
Other than that, we are all healthy and we are so excited about being outside again. I hope this finds you all well as well. Until next time . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment